Great Park: Richmond American - Birch Trail

Arman

Here are the models under construction at Birch Trail by Richmond American Homes at Pavilion Park. I didn't want to get close because they had a video monitor camera set up.

IMG_7707_zpsc918b201.jpg

IMG_7708_zpsd00f06b5.jpg

NYT said:
Here are the models under construction at Birch Trail by Richmond American Homes at Pavilion Park. I didn't want to get close because they had a video monitor camera set up.

IMG_7707_zpsc918b201.jpg

IMG_7708_zpsd00f06b5.jpg
Your not that close, just 5-6 feet away. Way to go black ops at Birch Trail. (Just ignore the no trespassing sign..)  :p

No driveway, but the elevation of the home looks nice. Does it includes solar panels or maybe the solar panels an upgrade? Hmm

It was nice of them to paint a white outline around the toxic plume locations in front of the models.  I'll be sure and tell the kids not to dig in those area's when we visit the models.

aquabliss said:
It was nice of them to paint a white outline around the toxic plume locations in front of the models.  I'll be sure and tell the kids not to dig in those area's when we visit the models.
That's the diagram for how to line up all the FCBs with cash suitcases.

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:
That's the diagram for how to line up all the FCBs with cash suitcases.

I gotta give my uncles and a call!

Your not that close, just 5-6 feet away. Way to go black ops at Birch Trail. (Just ignore the no trespassing sign..)  :p

No driveway, but the elevation of the home looks nice. Does it includes solar panels or maybe the solar panels an upgrade? Hmm
[/quote]

I was told that solar panels are standard on these homes.

They have a preview open tonight (Wednesday 8/28) from 4-7pm.  Sounds like their own "meet the builder".  You can RSVP to Jeanette.Oliveira@mdch.com for an invite according to the email I received.

mms2020 said:

I was told that solar panels are standard on these homes.
[/quote]

"sweet"

aquabliss said:
Solar Panels are standard on *some* Richmond America communities, but not these.

You can see the list here:http://www.richmondamerican.com/fin...trail-at-pavilion-park/community-landing.aspx

Click on "Solar Panels Now Standard" at the bottom.

I had asked the agent on their last "meet the builder" event about the solar panels. He said these are now standard on the Birch trail houses.  Either Richmond American has not updated their list or this agent is wrong.

Tons of unsold inventory plus one on redfin.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/162-VIOLET-BLOOM-92618/home/52355393
http://www.richmondamerican.com/Fin...-Park/Homes-for-Sale/Homes-for-Sale-List.aspx

Nelson
Quick Move-in
Move in as soon as 60 days!
$754,562 Approx. 2011 sq. ft. 3 bed 3 baths 2-car garage
Highlights of this new home include solar panels, a covered patio and a gourmet kitchen with stainless-steel appliances.
Interactive Floor Plan  Photos
MORE DETAILS
SAVE THIS HOME

Nelson
Quick Move-in
$755,325 Approx. 2011 sq. ft. 3 bed 3 baths 2-car garage
Highlights of this new home include solar panels, a covered patio and a gourmet kitchen with stainless-steel appliances.
MORE DETAILS
SAVE THIS HOME

Nelson
Quick Move-in
$760,721 Approx. 2011 sq. ft. 4 bed 3 baths 2-car garage
MORE DETAILS
SAVE THIS HOME

Nelson
Quick Move-in
$776,244 Approx. 2011 sq. ft. 4 bed 3 baths 2-car garage
Highlights of this new home include solar panels, a covered porch and a gourmet kitchen with stainless-steel appliances.
MORE DETAILS
SAVE THIS HOME

Newton
Quick Move-in
$809,082 Approx. 2388 sq. ft. 4 bed 3 baths 2-car garage
Highlights o

Visited today. 11 of the 13 phases are sold. Some choice lots with driveways still available (I expect a $70K premium though at minimum).

Plan 1, Phase 12) $745,990
Plan 1, Ready to Move In July/August) About $765,990
Plan 2) $769,990
Plan 3) $852,990 (WOW!)

6 solar panels are only included at only select locations. Recessed lighting is not listed as an included upgrade any more. I actually preferred the Plan 1 over the Plans 2 and 3. Plan 1 had a downstairs laundry. Check. It did not have a crappy sliding door inches away from a wall. Check. The sliding door facing the yard should have been expanded and the sliding door facing the wall should have been deleted altogether. There is a side yard (5'?) for all residences.

The salesperson was willing to discount $10,000 off the asking price, and an additional $5,000 if you chose their preferred lender (thankfully not another Wells Fargo). The flier with the prices said that it had low property taxes. I DON'T THINK SO!

Jasmine at Cypress Village = $11,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)
Birch Trail at Pavilion Park = $15,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)

That's almost saving you an entire mello-roos if you buy at Jasmine (not mentioning the proximity to the freeway, though). And, Birch Trail is subject to a 2% property tax hike every year! Bleh!

??? said:
Visited today. 11 of the 13 phases are sold. Some choice lots with driveways still available (I expect a $70K premium though at minimum).

Plan 1, Phase 12) $745,990
Plan 1, Ready to Move In July/August) About $765,990
Plan 2) $769,990
Plan 3) $852,990 (WOW!)

6 solar panels are only included at only select locations. Recessed lighting is not listed as an included upgrade any more. I actually preferred the Plan 1 over the Plans 2 and 3. Plan 1 had a downstairs laundry. Check. It did not have a crappy sliding door inches away from a wall. Check. The sliding door facing the yard should have been expanded and the sliding door facing the wall should have been deleted altogether. There is a side yard (5'?) for all residences.

The salesperson was willing to discount $10,000 off the asking price, and an additional $5,000 if you chose their preferred lender (thankfully not another Wells Fargo). The flier with the prices said that it had low property taxes. I DON'T THINK SO!

Jasmine at Cypress Village = $11,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)
Birch Trail at Pavilion Park = $15,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)

That's almost saving you an entire mello-roos if you buy at Jasmine (not mentioning the proximity to the freeway, though). And, Birch Trail is subject to a 2% property tax hike every year! Bleh!

Birch trail was probably the least favorite for all of the PP builds.  Although Plan 3 was the largest and best bang for the buck.  4 bedroom with 5th bedroom option (easy convert from office).  Not a bad deal considering how many rooms you get with it.  For the other plans though..  I wouldn't bother. 

Agree Birch Trail Plan 3 is best bang for the buck. Side by side comparison of largest between Birch Trail and Jasmine

Jasmine Plan 3: 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 1804 sqft. Base Price ~$740k, with $11,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)

Birch Trail Plan 3: 4 bed + 1 office, 3 bath, 2388 sqft. Base Price $860,999 ($830,999 + $30k premium for driveway lot - no motor court), with $15,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)

You do the math

IR-SWD said:
Agree Birch Trail Plan 3 is best bang for the buck. Side by side comparison of largest between Birch Trail and Jasmine

Jasmine Plan 3: 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 1804 sqft. Base Price ~$740k, with $11,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)

Birch Trail Plan 3: 4 bed + 1 office, 3 bath, 2388 sqft. Base Price $860,999 ($830,999 + $30k premium for driveway lot - no motor court), with $15,000 annually (Property Tax + MR + HOA)

You do the math

The driveway was essentially it's undoing.  How you going to be the only builder in the neighborhood to have homes with no drives ways (all but two phases)???

The site they had open when I went.. was a 6 unit motorcourt.. and the plan 3 i wanted was at the end.  ugh.

Birchtrail has one of the best locations in the community.. No road noise, no toll way noise and your'e so close to the pool.  If only they had bettery layouts.

#FARM said:
Birchtrail has one of the best locations in the community.. No road noise, no toll way noise and your'e so close to the pool.  If only they had bettery layouts.

not to resurface dead threads but this is basically why we picked it out of the bunch in PP (beyond the price point and what remained, that is)

its funny that none of the floor plan felt perfect to us too, but the home will be for the parents later so we tried to get what fits them best. plan 3 is best bang for the buck but i'm not sure what they'll do with 5 bedrooms later. also thought about sage II seriously as they had a downstair master.

sprung for the one of the few lots with a driveway because a motorcourt home at this price range (even if its "cheap" for Irvine) feels insane - though that seems to be the theme at play now.

although I doubt we would have been able to get that 10k off asking price for the premium lot, in hindsight we should have paid more attention to inventory and probably tried to get more incentives out of the design/profit center.

all in all birch trail isn't THAT bad if you get one of the lots with a driveway and again its location within the community is fairly decent.

capboba said:
#FARM said:

not to resurface dead threads but this is basically why we picked it out of the bunch in PP (beyond the price point and what remained, that is)

its funny that none of the floor plan felt perfect to us too, but the home will be for the parents later so we tried to get what fits them best. plan 3 is best bang for the buck but i'm not sure what they'll do with 5 bedrooms later. also thought about sage II seriously as they had a downstair master.

sprung for the one of the few lots with a driveway because a motorcourt home at this price range (even if its "cheap" for Irvine) feels insane - though that seems to be the theme at play now.

although I doubt we would have been able to get that 10k off asking price for the premium lot, in hindsight we should have paid more attention to inventory and probably tried to get more incentives out of the design/profit center.

all in all birch trail isn't THAT bad if you get one of the lots with a driveway and again its location within the community is fairly decent.

With the driveway.. I think you got a good deal (for Irvine at least).  Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about the home was the kitchen Island.  I liked the layout otherwise.  Wife and I wanted an Island we could sit and eat at.  Outside of that.. 5 bedrooms.. big master closet.. driveway.. two rooms downstairs/three up.  It's pretty good. 

Back