Great Park: Shea Homes - Sagewood

Arman

Here are some pics of the models under construction at Shea Homes' Sagewood at Pavilion Park. Plans 1, 2 and 3 in order (I think).

IMG_7710_zpsabdcd69f.jpg

IMG_7712_zps6f3f3bf2.jpg

IMG_7714_zpsc2d04601.jpg

I'm with bones on his list of pros/cons. I also like Plan 3 the best but felt that they should give you more options for that downstairs living space... like a flex room so that you can make it a den, an office (since it has it's own entrance) or even formal dining.

I am surprised the master closet is so small on these 2500-3000sft+ homes. And that the upstairs only had 3 rooms and no other loft or living space. With the exception of the Ryland (that all had 4 brs up) and the Melrose Plan 1 (I think it was Plan 1) that had a huge master closet that could connect to the laundry... I felt there was some space wasted.

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm with bones on his list of pros/cons. I also like Plan 3 the best but felt that they should give you more options for that downstairs living space... like a flex room so that you can make it a den, an office (since it has it's own entrance) or even formal dining.

I am surprised the master closet is so small on these 2500-3000sft+ homes. And that the upstairs only had 3 rooms and no other loft or living space. With the exception of the Ryland (that all had 4 brs up) and the Melrose Plan 1 (I think it was Plan 1) that had a huge master closet that could connect to the laundry... I felt there was some space wasted.

I thought you were sending the kids to the internet cafe at starbucks to do their homework now?  8)
Uh... that was you:
NQ said:
You can do homework anywhere... no need to have a dedicated room for that.  If that was the case, no one would work in a cafe like Starbucks and everyone would be at the library where its perfectly quiet.
NQ said:
I tell the kids to do their work where i tell them to do their work.  They know better than to press their luck with me.
:)

Which begs the question, where do your kids to their homework? I know you have that island (literally)... but like SoCal says, it could be too busy there.

Doing it in the formal dining also removes the distraction of what's going on in the kitchen/family room/great room.

Back on topic:

I do like their Cali Room (or as Shea calls it "Outdoor Retreat") execution as it really feels like an indoor/outdoor space, especially with that cool accordion door (Lennar has that) that opens up the entire area.

i would do the same:

"I would probably convert the 4th bedroom living suite area into an office". 

Does Shea give this option?

we looked at plan 1 and we didn't like the sitting area.  actually we dont even understand what is a sitting area?  if you want to "sit", why can't you just sit in the living room?

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Which begs the question, where do your kids to their homework? I know you have that island (literally)... but like SoCal says, it could be too busy there.

I do like their Cali Room (or as Shea calls it "Outdoor Retreat") execution as it really feels like an indoor/outdoor space, especially with that cool accordion door (Lennar has that) that opens up the entire area.

I would probably convert the 4th bedroom living suite area into an office with lots of cabinets so that things can be put away when guests are actually staying over.  I guess they can do HW there?

I guess when your yard is that big, you don't necessarily NEED pocket parks.  But I have been brainwashed into thinking pocket parks are the end all be all....

The pocket parks have gone the way of the dinosaurs. Developers want to save money and would rather eliminate green belts and squeeze in more homes.

Woodbury will probably be looked back as the pinnacle of the pocket park era.

From the price sheet I got last weekend:

Residence One
2515sft 4br/3.5ba/3-car tandem
$959,900 to $964,900

Residence Two
2648-2825sft 4br/4.5ba/3-car tandem
$997,900 to $1,004,900

Residence Three
2941sft 4br/4.5ba/3-car tandem
$1,054,900 to $1,063,900

Got email today that Shea homes will be releasing their Phase 3 on Saturday 10/26/13 at 10:00AM!. No pricing info though!

I talked to the salesperson about lot sizes and Phase 1-5 will be the bigger ones in the north Sagewood area (off of Prospect).

The smaller ones, about ~5500sft on average, will be the ones in the south east area closer to the park. Those streets are culdesacs so the better "location" offsets the larger lots.

Back