Laguna Altura is HOT!

jamboreedude

An unsolicited postcard from a realtor today. It says as follows:

"WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!"

"Immediate CASH BUYER!!!, Wants Your Home!!! Can Close in 15 days!!!"

"I represent a qualified buyer interested in the immediate purchase of a home in the Laguna Altura area. They require prestigious standards offered in your neighborhood; therefore I have sent letters to all residents in your neighborhood."

"My client (most likely a Chinese FCB!) is interested in all plans. They would like to close escrow within fifteen to thirty days. I have shown them all properties currently listed, but have not found what they desire. If you are interested in selling your home, please call me immediately to set up a private showing. Again, please know they are looking to move as soon as possible into your fine neighborhood."

Attachments

• laguna altura hot 01.jpg
    laguna altura hot 01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 396
Perhaps they're looking to 'diversify their assets'...  :p

Gliding_Over_All.jpg

jamboreedude said:

"WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!"

"I represent a qualified buyer interested in the immediate purchase of a home in the Laguna Altura area. They require prestigious standards offered in your neighborhood; therefore I have sent letters to all residents in your neighborhood."

"My client (most likely a Chinese FCB!) is interested in all plans. They would like to close escrow within fifteen to thirty days. I have shown them all properties currently listed, but have not found what they desire. If you are interested in selling your home, please call me immediately to set up a private showing. Again, please know they are looking to move as soon as possible into your fine neighborhood."
Yup, I got a similar letter at my house over here in West Irvine.  hahaha

I thought you meant hot weather wise.  LA is trapped inside a valley after all.

paperboyNC said:
I've heard that the immediate buyer usually falls through and the realtor offers to list your home on MLS.
It's like that Nigerian government official who wants you to help move his money. :)

Yup, scam written all over it.

jamboreedude said:

"WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!"

Hey I didn't get a postcard :(

Not really a scam.. just an agent trying to get clients.  If the deal falls through you still keep your house right?  I did get a nice looking letter from a local agent about listing my home.. for a measly 1%!  Free staging too..

It's a scam if the intention isn't accurate to begin with. If said agent wants clients, then send a postcard saying you want clients. But to make up a story about having a cash buyer makes it a scam to get your business. And Jamboreedude's posting of this to pump up his own community adds to the sleaziness.

ps9 said:

Not really a scam.. just an agent trying to get clients.  If the deal falls through you still keep your house right?  I did get a nice looking letter from a local agent about listing my home.. for a measly 1%!  Free staging too..

NYT said:
It's a scam if the intention isn't accurate to begin with. If said agent wants clients, then send a postcard saying you want clients. But to make up a story about having a cash buyer makes it a scam to get your business. And Jamboreedude's posting of this to pump up his own community adds to the sleaziness.

ps9 said:

hey, i'm just really happy my community is up so much ok! don't be sour grapes  :p

I've received one with a sob story as well.  Something about the buying family had their heart set on this neighborhood and had a property, but some seller issues caused escrow to fall through.  I've always been tempted to call and ask a WTF selling price to see what the reaction would be..

My realtor has a property in LA. Apparently the clientele pulling up are wealthy, without kids and want something close in proximity to Laguna, freeways and the Spectrum.

I'm very interested to see what the Toll Brothers build and how it effects Laguna Altura. Even more importantly, I'm anxious to see how it effects little old me in Quail Hill.

Laguna Altura PENDING sales:

55 CIPRESSO Irvine, CA - $1,050,000
$509 / Sq. Ft.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/55-Cipresso-92618/home/49869999

40 MODENA Irvine, CA 92618 - $1,225,000
$510 / Sq. Ft.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/40-Modena-92618/home/40439233

54 BIANCO Irvine, CA 92618 - $849,000
$472 / Sq. Ft.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/54-Bianco-92618/home/40099657#

It's interesting to see the closing prices for these homes and the background/ethnicities of the buyers, presumably FCB's?

That leaves only one available on MLS right now:

28 BIANCO Irvine, CA 92618 - ASKING $795,000
$491 / Sq. Ft.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/39-Bianco-92618/home/40633769

irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:
That leaves only one available on MLS right now:

28 BIANCO Irvine, CA 92618 - ASKING $795,000
$491 / Sq. Ft.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/39-Bianco-92618/home/40633769
Did they take the pictures with a Nintendo DS?

Boggles my mind to think that people just won't pay the couple hundred to get a professional in there to snap some photos. At the very least, the homeowners are left with some amazing photos of their "most important" purchase of their life to keep for the future.

We should still have an updated thread purely dedicated to "amazing" (in the non positive sense of the word) real estate photos. 

wth... the 1million dollar san remo went pending? holy guacamole...

that is some jedi table flipping right there...

look mom, no hands~  (._.)      ~ ? ???

Back