Sub HOA: $103 - $77
Master HOA: $134
Mello Roos: $4,316 - $4,689

Phase 1 Pricing
Plan 1: $748,200 - $763,500
Plan 2: $789,700 - $804,100
Plan 3: $847,600
Plan 3X: $835,500

Visited these on Sunday.  We walked into the Plan 3 and thought it was the smallest (Plan 1) model.  The downstairs feel very small--  it must be because of the "full driveways" that they advertise.  Overheard the agent tell another couple that if they pre-qualified today-  they would probably get a home in phase 2. 

Yes, the downstairs is way too small, especially for something at this price point.

In my view, being directly downwind from the landfill, and being right up against the fire zone were already strikes against it. Six to a motorcourt doesn't seem very nice, either. The plan needed to be darn near flawless, and while the fourth bedroom downstairs is nice, it's just way too small.

SamsonSimson said:
Yes, the downstairs is way too small, especially for something at this price point.

In my view, being directly downwind from the landfill, and being right up against the fire zone were already strikes against it. Six to a motorcourt doesn't seem very nice, either. The plan needed to be darn near flawless, and while the fourth bedroom downstairs is nice, it's just way too small.

You took the words out of my mouth regarding Portola Springs area.

What you guys said about the floor plan, PS locations, motor court is all correct.  However, the price is not bad, comparing to other recent sales.

At this price point, Colibri could be a good gamble to probably appreciate in price better in the future.

Comparing Plan 3 (2323 sq ft) to Saratoga plan 2 (2181 sq ft) for example. 

Colibri pro:
Cheaper by close to $100K (but would be a little lower if you count MR and HOA)
bigger by 142 sq ft
Both are motorcourt but Colibri has its own driveway
no common wall

The only Saratoga advantage is because it is in Stonegate and probably because of its school.

The thing is Saratoga's advantage is a trend and could change over time.  Once PS elementary school is built (and some of current Stonegate elem student from PS moves to the new school), this school could overtake Stonegate elem school in ranking.  On the other hand, Colibri's advantage of bigger sq ft, driveway etc will always be a premium down the road no matter what ..

Yes not selling well.  They had a finished product for months that they couldn't move.  The home here is very dense.. small small yard.  Downstairs felt a bit small and compact as well.  Full Driveway.. once you pull out.. your car is in your neighbors driveway.  lol

jmoney74 said:
Yes not selling well.  They had a finished product for months that they couldn't move.  The home here is very dense.. small small yard.  Downstairs felt a bit small and compact as well.  Full Driveway.. once you pull out.. your car is in your neighbors driveway.  lol

I agree on the dense part here.. While Colibri by itself is not bad in my opinion since it has driveways, it is in the same cluster as Luna and Agave which are attached or semi detached products and I can see parking spillover from these communities into Colibri area.

Wow, the price is really good.  Plan 1 over 1800 sf is only $715,000, better than Sage II, Saratago.

Would Colibri be considered as a detached-condo or SFR? What is the square footage of the lots for these homes? If Colibri is an SFR, is it the cheapest available in Irvine? If not, what is the cheapest one in Irvine?  :)

??? said:
Would Colibri be considered as a detached-condo or SFR? What is the square footage of the lots for these homes? If Colibri is an SFR, is it the cheapest available in Irvine? If not, what is the cheapest one in Irvine?  :)

Detached condo

gld2 said:
Wow, the price is really good.  Plan 1 over 1800 sf is only $715,000, better than Sage II, Saratago.

right, the price is pretty good, nearly 100K less than Saratoga. Not sure why they are not selling well. Landfill concern?

Back