Woodbury Community Park iPAC -- After School Program

songkou

Any one heard of Woodbury Community Park iPAC, one of City of Irvine's After-School Program?  Our kid is going to Stonegate Elementary in September.  But Stonegate CDC is full and have >100 students on their waiting list.  They refer us to the Woodbury Community Park iPAC.  I couldn't get any info on the program other than it's own webpage from City of Irvine's website.

Anyone have any experiences with the program and are willing to share with us?

We are in the same situation.
Son going to 1st grade this Sept and when we signed up at Stonegate CDC, we are like #99. Do not think we can get into it this year.
Stonegate CDC referred us to iPAC.. did not have any feedback on it but most likely have to sign up for it (worried that it will be full) unless we can find something else.

Jeepers... even the after school daycare in Irvine has waiting lists.

We really need to look into that PS9_Homer_IHO PreSchool Plus DayCare business now.

Are all CDCs like this?  I need to look into this more.. jeesh.. wait list for substandard care.. lovely

ps9 said:
Are all CDCs like this?  I need to look into this more.. jeesh.. wait list for substandard care.. lovely
Seems like it's only the ones with the overcrowded schools.

The older Elems are begging for after school care business.

Emailed my CDC not expecting a response since schools out... But the director replied the same day!  She stated that they've been able to accommodate all families that need after school care so far.  No guarantees of course but she did say to reserve a spot in May or June before your child starts school in September.  No wait list...I guess I'm lucky there are a lot of stay at home parents in my neighborhood so childcare after school is not an issue for most.  I hope it works out...if we're not happy with CDC then what? 

irvinehomeowner said:

We really need to look into that PS9_Homer_IHO PreSchool Plus DayCare business now.

Looked into this already... the liability insurance is ugh....

H        O        M        E        R said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Not if we cover the school in foam :)!

ps9 said:
H        O        M        E        R said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yes Yes, I'm listening I'm listening! Go on!!
Not if we cover the school in foam :)!

moonchild508 said:
songkou,
Do you know when they start taking reservations for the CDC at Stonegate if the child starts in September?

You should go check with them now.  By the way, watch out for the director, she is hot and cold - very moody.  There is also a high turnover for "teachers" there and not all are very professional.

moonchild508 said:
songkou,
Do you know when they start taking reservations for the CDC at Stonegate if the child starts in September?

I think they started taking reservation during March - April time frame when you know which school you kid is going to.  March - April was the time for new school registration for September. 

There were meetings regarding Kindergartner or newly entered students in general.  I forgot what they were called, one of them maybe "Kindergartner Round-up"?  I remember there were tables setup on the entry to the meeting room where you can sign up to the CDC near school you kid would be going to.  I didn't signed up because I wasn't sure which school my child will go to due to my situation then and forgot about it afterwards.

Back