Plan 2: $587,000
Plan 3: $623,180
Plan 4: $687,350

May 27, 2014
Plan 1: $574,750
Plan 2: $580,740
Plan 3: $627,800
Plan 4: $687,230

There's something seriously wrong with plan 1 kitchen design. You have to walk thru the pantry to get to the powder room. There's something wrong with having a toilet so close to where you store food. Flushing a toilet results in the aerosolization of feces and urine. Ain't that pleasant?

I like these because there is a driveway next to the houses and a 2 car wide driveway on front of the plan 3. If I have to buy a detached condo I trust a builder that invented this type of housing knowing Cal Pac would have already fleshed out the detrimental flaws by research and development during its dormant years. The echelons of detached condos IMO are the ones where the front doors are assessible from a landscaped paseo away from the cars.

I disagree with you. The kitchen is defined by the area inside the work triangle by connecting the center of sink/cooktop/ refrigerator. The circulation to the powder does not cross over this sacred triangle. Cal PAC is known for super efficient plan with large rooms and little circulation. I would not want my hard earned money spent on extra wide or long hallway that I don't need. So far the price is good when living next to the infamous LR at less than half of the LR price with similar BR count.
NYT said:
There's something seriously wrong with plan 1 kitchen design. You have to walk thru the pantry to get to the powder room. There's something wrong with having a toilet so close to where you store food. Flushing a toilet results in the aerosolization of feces and urine. Ain't that pleasant?

The efficiency of these plans are awesome.

All of less than 1800sft yet look at how much living/functional space each one has. I like that Plans 2-4 all have lofts on the 2nd floor. When you give up that living space on the 1st floor because of the Great Room, it's nice to have a second living space where all the bedrooms are.

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
The efficiency of these plans are awesome.

All of less than 1800sft yet look at how much living/functional space each one has. I like that Plans 2-4 all have lofts on the 2nd floor. When you give up that living space on the 1st floor because of the Great Room, it's nice to have a second living space where all the bedrooms are.

Agree.  Wish they were SFR instead of courtyard style detached condo!

+1 Not a fan of the courtyard setup.

In the same area I would rather buy resale Bougainvillea by ?KB Homes or Casero by Standard Pacific. Both developments were detached, alley style garage homes (similar to Stonetree in WB) but offer better street appeal than Luna.

I guess the difference if these homes were plotted on to a regular street the loss of density could have been 5 houses per acre. The lost of revenue would be prorated among the remainder of 10 homes. That may be $175k for the same house in a non Motorcourt set up.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I guess the difference if these homes were plotted on to a regular street the loss of density could have been 5 houses per acre. The lost of revenue would be prorated among the remainder of 10 homes. That may be $175k for the same house in a non Motorcourt set up.

Wait a minute!  15/acre?  less than 3000 sf lots? 

whoa!  talk about 'intimate'

IrvineNinja said:
prices already went up: starting price is now high 500s and the plan 4 i believe is now up to low 600s.

quattroporte is priced out before they even started selling.  LOL

main.jpg

Some dates are just more important than others, so mark your calendar for Wednesday, August 7th. Pre-qualifying begins online for Luna, your first exciting step toward homeownership at this brand new Irvine neighborhood. Spacious courtyard homes, plus the naturally tranquil setting and established recreation of the Village of Portola Springs will be yours to enjoy. So get ready, it's almost time.

Anticipated from the Low $600,000s

Of those who are seriously interested in this community and and dealing with the builder, does anyone know when the models will open here? From what I see, they're going up quite fast.

Back