Tech Desk Recomendation ....

I like the TechDesk Furniture which is in Cambria Model Homes(3rd Bedroom/Loft). Any recomendations on whether to do custom made or ready made? ... If readymade where can i get it? ... I tried in Ikea, Sears but no luck ...

I would probably look into ikea and customize one of those desktops with your own legs, drawers, etc.  But if you got some cash to spend, pottery barn has a customizable desk

we got a quote for a 10 ft long desk with storage ( similar to the one they have in mulberry, dont remember the plan #), for about 4K, crazy.

So I mentioned this in the Discord group (please don't narc me out eyephone) but I went to IKEA over the weekend and ended up getting some new desks for the kids.

I think I posted this about 3 years ago but we used IKEA to build a custom desk set for our kids that was a shared unit... now that they are older, they want their own desks in their rooms.

We got the Fredde computer gaming desk for one of our kids, it was $199 (regularly priced $229). All the other desk stuff (even the Kallax cubes) are on sale until 7/25 if you have an IKEA family account. Also bought more Kallax cubes and the Alex/Linmon table/drawer stuff to custom build another desk setup.

I know you 1%ers frown on IKEA because it's cheap, but every time we go it is insanely crowded. The desk/storage stuff we bought a few years ago is still in good condition and used some of it for the other kids desk/study/tech/drawing area.

As I said in Discord, one of the good things about IKEA furniture is that you can say you "built" it yourself... the bad thing... you built it yourself.

I spent hours last night only building one half of that gaming desk, and part of it was during Game of Thrones so I might have been distracted and put part of it together wrong.

I feel so Swedish.

If the other platform is such a hit. Then why do you have to post the conversation on TI?

irvinehomeowner said:
So I mentioned this in the Discord group (please don't narc me out eyephone) but I went to IKEA over the weekend and ended up getting some new desks for the kids.

I think I posted this about 3 years ago but we used IKEA to build a custom desk set for our kids that was a shared unit... now that they are older, they want their own desks in their rooms.

We got the Fredde computer gaming desk for one of our kids, it was $199 (regularly priced $229). All the other desk stuff (even the Kallax cubes) are on sale until 7/25 if you have an IKEA family account. Also bought more Kallax cubes and the Alex/Linmon table/drawer stuff to custom build another desk setup.

I know you 1%ers frown on IKEA because it's cheap, but every time we go it is insanely crowded. The desk/storage stuff we bought a few years ago is still in good condition and used some of it for the other kids desk/study/tech/drawing area.

As I said in Discord, one of the good things about IKEA furniture is that you can say you "built" it yourself... the bad thing... you built it yourself.

I spent hours last night only building one half of that gaming desk, and part of it was during Game of Thrones so I might have been distracted and put part of it together wrong.

I feel so Swedish.

eyephone said:
If the other platform is such a hit. Then why do you have to post the conversation on TI?

How ironic that the answer is so obvious.

The "mention" was that I went to IKEA. The data/discussion is all the detail I just provided.

Unclench bro!

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

How ironic that the answer is so obvious.

The "mention" was that I went to IKEA. The data/discussion is all the detail I just provided.

Unclench bro!

I most likely wouldn't have made a comment. But you dragged me in your post by calling me a narc. (Greatly unappreciated)

irvinehomeowner said:

I feel so Swedish.

How difficult is it to build the desks? I had an ikea desk since college that is still going strong today but that was SUPER easy to build haha. I wonder how the built in entertainment units are

Recently had a desk made out of IKEA's Ekbacken countertop. Turned out well. Spent about $225 on material. Got 3 countertop pieces. Used one of them for the desk top, and the other 2 for the legs.

Forgot to include the IKEA cabinet cost, which was about $350. The cabinet with 5 drawers sits in the center of the desk, while the countertop legs support it on the two sides.

bitmaster20 said:
Recently had a desk made out of IKEA's Ekbacken countertop. Turned out well. Spent about $225 on material. Got 3 countertop pieces. Used one of them for the desk top, and the other 2 for the legs.

Forgot to include the IKEA cabinet cost, which was about $350. The cabinet with 5 drawers sits in the center of the desk, while the countertop legs support it on the two sides.

Pic?

eyephone said:
bitmaster20 said:

Pic?

Attachments

• study.png
    study.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 175
bitmaster20 said:
eyephone said:
bitmaster20 said:

Pic?

It looks nice

(Good job)

Back