Health

socal78

So. I'm a little concerned I might have skin cancer. I don't normally run to the doctor on a whim but I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm kind of nervous. I came here instead of FacePlace to post this. I don't know why this is different. It just is.

SoCal said:
So. I'm a little concerned I might have skin cancer. I don't normally run to the doctor on a whim but I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm kind of nervous. I came here instead of FacePlace to post this. I don't know why this is different. It just is.

You are in my prayers! Please let us know how it goes SoCal

SoCal - hope all goes well. I'm with u, I don't go to the doctor on a whim either, but with cancer type stuff better safe than sorry.

Thanks, all.

Here are some charts which show skin types so you can assess your risk. Other charts put in eye color and hair color with skin to help indicate which group you fall into. I'm in the high risk group.  ???

skin_types.jpg

skin-types.gif

skinTypes.gif

I'm back from the doctor. I went to see my family doctor / a PCP. She says it is benign. That's good, I guess. I love and respect my doctor quite a lot. However, I feel she could be wrong about this one. What I have doesn't fit really fit the description of what she says I have. I might see a dermatologist for a second opinion. Or wait another few years.

only way to tell is biopsy, which is what the derm would tell you..

GET a second opinion.. see a skin doctor.. get the biopsy.. know for sure...prayers don't matter much if you don't take any action.. better to overreact then under, especially with cancer and you're in the high risk category..

See a dermatologist ASAP!  My dad saw one and he had basel cell (weak kind of skin cancer they just pinched off). 

SoCal said:
I'm back from the doctor. I went to see my family doctor / a PCP. She says it is benign. That's good, I guess. I love and respect my doctor quite a lot. However, I feel she could be wrong about this one. What I have doesn't fit really fit the description of what she says I have. I might see a dermatologist for a second opinion. Or wait another few years.

Glad to hear that! Go to a derm if it makes you feel better, though, just for your own peace of mind. Never hurts to get a second opinion! Although I am sure everything is fine. :)

homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
Ok, ok, Dads. I will.  :)

I will stay pray for you anyways.. :)

Not to be insensitive... can you pray for someone without knowing her name? I thought you had to mention the name in the prayer. The Lord might get confused with a name like SoCal.

IrvineRepublic said:
homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
Ok, ok, Dads. I will.  :)

I will stay pray for you anyways.. :)

Not to be insensitive... can you pray for someone without knowing her name? I thought you had to mention the name in the prayer. The Lord might get confused with a name like SoCal.

I'm not sure... I just place her in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully a match can be made of who I'm thinking of.  :(

Health is the overall well being of an organism's body and mind. There's bad health and good health. Being good in health leads to a better chance of surviving, finding a mate, and being comfortable. Bad health may lead to disease, death, and not finding a mate. Illness also fits into bad health.

louis said:
Health is the overall well being of an organism's body and mind. There's bad health and good health. Being good in health leads to a better chance of surviving, finding a mate, and being comfortable. Bad health may lead to disease, death, and not finding a mate. Illness also fits into bad health.

Where does bacon fit in? Because I'm on that side of health and now you've got me really, really interested...

irvinehomeowner said:
Wait... why did you think of me when you saw that? :)

If you only knew how many times I wrote, re-wrote, deleted, back-spaced, and re-typed that sentence to get it worded just right.  :p

Back