So what's on your playlist?

ps99472

I enjoy a range of music but right now on my playlist in my car I unwind with....

1.  Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch (Qulinez remix)
2.  Thrift shop - Macklemore
3.  Don't you worry child - Swedish House Media
4.  It's Time - Imagine Dragons
5.  Feel again - Onerepublic
6.  Empty Streets - Late Night Alumni (oldie but my ultimate rewind song)
7.  And December by Chris Botti

My daughters list on our way to school

1.  Call me maybe - Carly Rae
2.  We're never ever getting back together- swift
3.  Oath - Cher Lloyd
4.  Stuck on You - Meiko
5.  Gangnam style - psy (kid calls it gummy style :))

Thank god for blue tooth streaming in the car, I can't imagine making mixed CDs again

While driving to work.

1) ASAP Rocky- F'in Problems
2) Big Sean- Clique
3) 2 Chainz- I'm Different

* I have a short commute.

Driving home with traffic.

1) Michael Buble on shuffle
2) Andy Grammer- Fine by Me
3) Frank Sinatra on shuffle
4) Jason Mrax on shuffle
5) Maroon 5 on shuffle

I Pandora the Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam channel... get all those 808 beats from the late 80s/early 90s.

For the kids, it's either XM Kids Place Live, Radio Disney or KidsBop (although they dislike their version of Gangnam Style).

My youngest knows the lyrics to Gangnam Style... from his other friends at school... none of who are Korean... heh.

I bet momopi thinks the song is about Gundam robots.

I just made a new cd because I don't know how to use the technology in my new car and all the bluetooth junk I have. This is just a copy & paste from my word doc.

1. The Civil Wars ? Kingdom Come
2. Josh Turner ? Time Is Love
3. Jason Aldean ? Dirt Road Anthem
4. Muddy Waters ? Champagne and Reefer
5. Neon Trees ? Everybody Talks
6. Pink ? Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
7. Little Big Town - Pontoon
8. The Strange Boys ? Be Brave
9. One Republic ? Feel Again
10. Alex Clare ? Too Close
11. Maroon5 ? Payphone
12. The Lumineers ? Ho Hey
13. Jason Mraz ? I Won?t Give Up
14. The Rembrandts ? That?s Just The Way It is
15. Rock Mafia ? The Big Bang
16. Adele ? Skyfall
17. The Civil Wars ? Barton Hallow

I wish I still have time to make CDs, they're like little time capsules, I still play old scratched up discs from yesteryears, nice nostalgic drive.  Now if I can find a tape deck to play my old cassette singles ($1 from Tower Record high school days)

ps9 said:
I wish I still have time to make CDs, they're like little time capsules, I still play old scratched up discs from yesteryears, nice nostalgic drive.  Now if I can find a tape deck to play my old cassette singles ($1 from Tower Record high school days)

homer_simpson said:
While driving to work.

Technically it's two song long if you don't go around in circles in the parking lot admiring your car.

I listen to piano mostly, that too Bach when I am alone. I used to listen to books on tape when commute was a little longer, but these days it's Kindle text to speech- not really all that great, for fifteen minutes of driving, it works. But hey, my commute is as long as Homer's one way, and half way alone on the way back.. I know my share of Kiss/ Red/ Take me home..

Cubic Zirconia said:
ps9 said:

homer_simpson said:
While driving to work.

Technically it's two song long if you don't go around in circles in the parking lot admiring your car.

I listen to piano mostly, that too Bach when I am alone. I used to listen to books on tape when commute was a little longer, but these days it's Kindle text to speech- not really all that great, for fifteen minutes of driving, it works. But hey, my commute is as long as Homer's one way, and half way alone on the way back.. I know my share of Kiss/ Red/ Take me home..

I usually get atleast 3 full songs from the time I start the car the up in my garage to shutting it down at my parking spot at work.  Pretty good considering the red light on that onramp to the freeway  :D

homer_simpson said:
I usually get atleast 3 full songs from the time I start the car the up in my garage to shutting it down at my parking spot at work.  Pretty good considering the red light on that onramp to the freeway  :D

If you are leaving at the same dark thirty that I leave at, oh no, we don't really line up just yet- it's stop and go.. that's all. After 7 it's not the same though..3 more days for me. Then before I say ach-ooo I will be in my office :D

Starlight East said:
I would have expected easy listening for SoCal

Well the music at the grocery store is kinda rad. I've admitted to dancing in the canned vegetables aisle.

I'm going to listen to all your songs today. I'm on Sail right now. I never heard it before. It's good.

Starlight - you would like Massive Attack. I've always loved them.
http://www.amazon.com/Heligoland-Massive-Attack/dp/B002ZPIC1M

220px-Massive_Attack_Heligoland.jpg

Starlight East said:
Some surprising choices here (except CZ). I would have expected easy listening for SoCal and non-stop Girls Generation for ps9 and Homer.

Here is my latest CD mix:

Starlight - Muse
Seven Devils - Florence + the machine
Demons - Imagine Dragons
Sail - AWOLNATION
Sexy Love - T-ara
Dark Side - Kelly Clarkson
Getting away with it all messed up - James
Gasoline - Britney Spears
Love - Pet Shop Boys

I always get dirty looks when I bump 2Chainz or Kendrick Lamar while pulling into work.  ehhhh

homer_simpson said:
Starlight East said:
Some surprising choices here (except CZ). I would have expected easy listening for SoCal and non-stop Girls Generation for ps9 and Homer.

Starlight - Muse
Demons - Imagine Dragons
Sail - AWOLNATION
Sexy Love - T-ara
Love - Pet Shop Boys

I always get dirty looks when I bump 2Chainz or Kendrick Lamar while pulling into work.  ehhhh

Listening to 2Chainz.. What!? Next up, Kendrick lamar- listening to him for the first time as well. Swimming Pools- good sample?

Cubic Zirconia said:
homer_simpson said:
Starlight East said:

Starlight - Muse
Demons - Imagine Dragons
Sail - AWOLNATION
Sexy Love - T-ara
Love - Pet Shop Boys

Listening to 2Chainz.. What!? Next up, Kendrick lamar- listening to him for the first time as well. Swimming Pools- good sample?

You got it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezBkZgxR8Qg[/youtube]

Perfect for today and just added to my kid's list.. thank you Lowe's

This thread brought up something that I find happens to me a lot.

I don't really listen to playlists on my daily commute, just the radio. But when I am dropping my kids off, I tune it to Disney (AM1110) because they don't like to listen to my sports radio. But almost every single time, I find myself listening to their station long after I've dropped them off before I change it back to ESPN. It will be almost 10 minutes later and I realize that I am listening to One Direction... and missed whatever Colin Cowherd was talking about... doh.

Caught singing they don't know about us yet? :)

irvinehomeowner said:
This thread brought up something that I find happens to me a lot.

I don't really listen to playlists on my daily commute, just the radio. But when I am dropping my kids off, I tune it to Disney (AM1110) because they don't like to listen to my sports radio. But almost every single time, I find myself listening to their station long after I've dropped them off before I change it back to ESPN. It will be almost 10 minutes later and I realize that I am listening to One Direction... and missed whatever Colin Cowherd was talking about... doh.

The new Bruno Mars album, Unorthodox Jukebox, is really good. Just wish his lyrics were more family-friendly... always have to get the KidsBop version for the kids.

irvinehomeowner said:
The new Bruno Mars album, Unorthodox Jukebox, is really good. Just wish his lyrics were more family-friendly... always have to get the KidsBop version for the kids.

Whats a KidsBop version?

homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Whats a KidsBop version?
You will find out in about 3-7 years. :)

Back