Valentine's Day Plans

socal78

Valentine's Day is 1 month from today. Men of TI -- you're welcome for the reminder. Not that you'll shop until the day before but you're welcome anyway!  :p By the way, the stores are already fully stocked, of course.

Going out? Any plans in the works?

I might want to do something new and different but I don't know what exactly. February 14 falls on a Thursday this year. It's not as easy as making plans on a weekend. I thought about making a second attempt on the big orange balloon. Last time we waited a couple hours. Our turn was finally up when they announced it was too windy to do any more trips back up. We waited for nothing. This probably is not a good occasion to try again.

We don't really like dining out on holidays. We prefer to avoid crowds...

I'm out of ideas - for once!!

irvinehomeowner said:
What is this "Valentine's Day" you speak of?

It's the day where you try your best to remind your spouse of why they married you. Plus, it's an opportunity to "sell yourself" -- to show him/ her why they should continue to be a prisoner of your love. Valentine's Day is an insurance policy. Be an insurance salesman, Iho.

Don't the rest of you see Valentine's Day as a competition? Just curious. Maybe it's just me. You want to make your special person happy and glad they picked you.

Valentine's day. Hmm, that time of the year where I mourn not getting another love letter written in pig's blood :p
Kids have taken over our day now SoCal - it's all about getting cards, Hershey kisses and flowers for their teachers/ friends. I hope I don't have to write 32 cards again this year to kids I don't even know.

I do write a letter to dear husband once a year. It won't be long, it won't be overly romantic with all cliches, but it's documenting how love was expressed that particular year..

Here is a fun question for everyone. It's not related to Valentine's day, but happened on Valentine's day.
Mr.CZ and I love empty house with a stocked up fridge. On one of the Valentine's days, we couldn't keep up with our plans of going to a bed and breakfast, but we ended up spending a night at a friend's house (friend was visiting India, and wanted us to take care of their house- water the plants, spend some time in the evenings and all that). So the house was a McMansion with Jasmine creepers creeping out with shadows and all, up the hill, and all that. We opened a bottle of wine, watched a horror movie, and slept, only to be woken up with a Peeeooooowww sound. It was not the windows.

Can you take a guess on what that sound was? Sort of like windows on a very windy night, only louder.

No 1-month warning this year, but hopefully some of us remembered that today's V-Day.

What are your plans?

For us, I'm cooking lasagna at home and had the boys make handmade cards for Mama Bear. 

IrvineRealtor

Planned: Dinner for two at Chart House in N.B. while boys attend a church function. Enjoying our 4 day weekend.

When life happens: I discover Chart House shuttered its doors after 30 years. 3 out of 4 of us are sick. I haven't slept through the night in five days, tending to the sickies. No life outside of these four walls. Oh well, it's just another day. Better luck next year. D?j? vu. Said that last year.

But like always, I put together some surprises for them to wake up to - singing cards, candy, etc. They were happy.

bones said:
overpriced food and opportunistic flower vendors.

Heehee. During Christmas, I tell Mr. SoCal - whatever you're planning to buy me, just do it the day after Christmas for 20%< off, let's not be suckers.

irvinehomeowner said:
Is it too late to lose 50 lbs?

I think I'll grill up some steaks... and serve them in my Borat mankini.

11949864686425788smiley113.svg.thumb.png

My friend posted this status on Facebook today & I'm still dying reading it:

'"When you fall in love, your hair gets big." An interesting quote from my 8 yr old son.
I hope you all have big hair today. Happy Valentine's Day!'

The boy gets it!!  :D

This morning, I took one of the small candies from kids Valentines leftovers, made a small card with regular paper (folded in 4), drew a heart on the outside and taped the candy inside with a note... "Will U B Mine" and then hid in her purse.

I'm such a dork.

irvinehomeowner said:
This morning, I took one of the small candies from kids Valentines leftovers, made a small card with regular paper (folded in 4), drew a heart on the outside and taped the candy inside with a note... "Will U B Mine" and then hid in her purse.

I'm such a dork.

That is so cute IHO :) Been on Facebook and instagram reading stories, looking at pictures. Some are so romantic and creative.

Mr. SoCal remembered that I wanted Jennifer Aniston's debut fragrance. He gave me that along with 2 boxes(?!) of my favorite Girl Scout cookie and gifted himself 2 as well. (He got mugged by two Girl Scouts - coworkers' daughters.) Eating 50k calories worth of Samoas / Caramel Delites isn't going to make me look like Jennifer Aniston but at least I'll smell like her? Wearing it now. Like it. Brownie points for listening to not so subtle hints. Ok, ok, so I had to drop a ton of bricks on his head.

bones said:
Vday is lame. Another Hallmark holiday with crowded restaurants, overpriced food and opportunistic flower vendors.  And if you married the right person - shouldn't it be vday everyday?  GAG!

I only spent $12 on flowers. I agree that it could be vday everyday - that's why I get flowers on vday too!

Back