Martorcor Landscaping - BEWARE

PS2012

Hi,

We just wanted to warn others out there who are thinking of using Martin from Martorcor Landscaping.  He did some of our neighbors landscaping (front and back yards) and the quality of his work is not very good.  He started both neighbors' jobs before the HOA approved the plans, and the property line wall that he built between my neighbor and us is horrible.  Where others use 3 layers of those cinder-blocks with a cap, he only used 2 layers with a cap - leaving the base where the wall meets the sloping dirt exposed of concrete.

When you address him, he talks over you and doesn't listen and makes up excuses that the owner should pile up dirt to cover up his mistakes instead of admitting that he did not use enough blocks and short-cutted the process.  When pointing out other property line walls he that built using 3 layers of blocks, he alluded to difference in elevations, which was not true at all.  My neighbors also mentioned that he was very sneaky whenever he brings you out to check the work - it's always at night in the dark, and then demand payment right then and there.  That's also what he did to us for the property line payment.

At the time, we had just moved in and it made sense to put a property line wall since our neighbors house is a bit higher in elevation to prevent their soil/woodchips from falling into our front yard.  We had not thought about landscaping yet because we had only moved in 1 month - and it also made sense to put a wall there.  Unfortunately, it's a crappy wall!

It's unfortunate that we have to write this post.  We just want to warn others out there to just be careful.  His work may be the cheapest - but the quality and professionalism definitely suffers and here's a picture to prove it.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    664.1 KB · Views: 718
To whom this may concern,
I would like to introduce myself. I am Martin's nephew and have began to work together on my uncle's family landscape business that has been operating for 30 years. I began doing some work for his online presence and noticed this totally and complete defammatory comment made by this lady. It kills me to see such blatant hate in the world being displayed over something so minuscule as a tiny wall. In addition, having the time and desire to publically rant about it and affect an honest companies reputation.

To begin this story I want to keep everyone informed that this event happened approximately 4-5 years ago.
I am only now responding to this as it is my first time seeing this personally.

Martin of Martorcor Landscaping co. is a general contractor that has been servicing the new Irvine areas such as great park, portola, and more.

He got hired to do a project on 41 los indios Irvine Ca. by Mr. Dade Huang for full front and back landscaping. During this time, his neighbors house to the left, ( The lady who wrote this comment ) thought that a small wall of the picture which is shown was built incorrectly. Now, just to be clear her side had not even been worked on and was complete dirt. Logically, simply due to that fact, the slope on her side is going to show more than the other side that has more earth and material planted on it.  Martin then began getting disturbed during his building process of the wall by somebody who had not even hired him to do any work. How can someone justify writing a negative review on a public forum when they themselves didnt have any work personally done on their home?? ( Thats the equivalent of writing a bad yelp review on a restaurant you have not ate in personally ) In addition, the project he was working on with Mr. Huang, was not even complete. Upon completion, the end product was great. We even attached images of the completed project for you to see. We have now kindly asked this lady 3 times to take down this defammatory comment as it has began to affect our good reputation. She has refused everytime and has been extremely rude. The next step is a lawsuit for libel. I am writing this to inform the good people of this forum to please see the evidence for themselves. We even attached an actual letter from Mr. Huang himself ( The home owner in which Martin worked on ) stating the great job and professional service that Martin and his team did. If the letter is not enough, the owners address is listed above and he can be reached personally. He loves his end product.

We want to thank the good people here that will take the time to see the attached images and not let the saltiness the level of the dead sea of this one lady, to let you determine what kind of people we are. She will see her day in court if she does not decide to take it down.

To everyone else, we are building an amazing team and are looking to work hard to build some of the best landscaping projects in the Irvine area. We are dedicated to making sure that your vision for your home is created. Fully licensed, bonded, and insured.

Number to call for a free estimate- 657-269-7850- (Jonathan)

Website- martorcorlandscaping.com
Instagram- @martorcor

Attachments

• IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2480.JPG
    IMG_2480.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 283
Here are some additional images of projects we have done in the Irvine area with very happy home owners. We are passionate about doing great work and being honest people. If you have any additional questions please contact us or visit our website.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 298
  • landscape-1.jpg
    landscape-1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 215
  • landscape-4.jpg
    landscape-4.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 216
More images.....

Attachments

• martorcor-waterfall-custom-landscaping.jpg
    martorcor-waterfall-custom-landscaping.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 225
  • martorcor-landscaping-irvine.jpg
    martorcor-landscaping-irvine.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 203
  • martorcor-landscaping-4173.jpg
    martorcor-landscaping-4173.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Untitled design (7).jpg
    Untitled design (7).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
We really appreciate everyone that took the time to see this. God Bless!

Attachments

• IMAG1219.jpg
    IMAG1219.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 195
  • IMAG1774.jpg
    IMAG1774.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
From the photo, it looks like the OP had a valid complaint. 

And it sounds like your Uncle Martin asked the OP for payment for half the wall (the other half to be paid for by the neighbor who hired your uncle in the first place).  So the OP had every right to complain.

You can certainly sue the OP but it won't get anywhere.  If it's any consolation, landscape contractors who get bad press  on TI seem to get even more business.  Just look at Uncle Jo.  ;)

You are definitely right on her having every right to complain as she did give half payment for wall. It was just the form in which she handled it. The wall seems to be fully intact 5 years later. She did not allow appropriate time before running here to leave a bad review. Not sure who uncle Jo is haha! Anyways, we are not in the business of suing people we never have done that a single time,and would truly just like for her to write an apology. We truly care about the community and we stand by our work. We would still like to thank her for the feedback as it always helps create a better business. Have a great day!

The people who read this forum will see you are defending your work and will more likely use you.
This happened with another landscaper back in 2013.
Consider this a marketing opportunity.

You already posted pics.

Also the OP shouldn't delete the post, because context would be lost.

Idk. My advice to the new home buyers. Is to review the bbb site. Check if that person is licensed and insured. Also, ask to see recent projects of the landscaper with permission from the other owner. (Actually go to the location, pictures are not the same)

By looking at the previous project you can tell by the level of workmanship.

Don't always go for the cheapest quote.
I know this person that got a low quote. But I saw the end result, and I saw the pavers not leveled. Also, the paver blocks (material) look cheap. Honestly it looked DIY.

If Jonny becomes a regular TI poster, he'll get a lot of TI business....like Martin USC.
I don't think we have a regular landscape poster..

Restortstylebackyard was one, but I don't see much activity.

Another advice: don't rely on TI recommendation it's not always the best quality or price. (Everybody should already know this, but I know some don't)

BBB, Yelp, Angies list....pay to play.

This is why on TI where the actual landscape provider is interacting with the buyer is the best way to know it's real...well unless you make dummy buyer accounts.  So long term posters have an advantage here.

All review sites are a scam (Yelp, Angies List, etc).  Best to drive around your neighborhood, find some front yards you like - knock on the door and introduce yourself.  Ask your neighbor if they had a good experience with the landscaper and if they'd use them again for future projects.  This will give you a lot better first hand information.

That is very true. Yelp is known to have bad reviews taken down and manipulated. We prefer the face to face interaction. We also take all of our clients to previous projects we have done all over Irvine and tustin ranch. Let us know and we will be more than happy too!

Back