Live in LA/work in OC....Best way to find a room to rent??

4walls4me

Hi Guys,

I used to visit the boards back when everyone was at the IHB site....you all always had terrific insight and advise!

Since the IHB days, I've settled down with a great guy with lovely house in Westwood/Los Angeles.  However, my employer is located in Irvine and I still need to spend 2 or 3 nights there a week on the days I am unable to work from home. 

I had been hanging on to my IAC apartment, but it seems crazy to renew a lease on a place I spend 10-12 nights in a month.  So, I've been thinking of renting a room in a house.

I suspect my best bet is probably to find a house (not a shared IAC) owned by working adults (not college kids). 

I thought you might have some advice/suggestions on what to look for and what to avoid in a room for rent?  I've been checking Craiglist, any other suggestions?

I'm mid-thirties professional female. 

Thank you!

4walls4me said:
Hi Guys,

I used to visit the boards back when everyone was at the IHB site....you all always had terrific insight and advise!

Since the IHB days, I've settled down with a great guy with lovely house in Westwood/Los Angeles.  However, my employer is located in Irvine and I still need to spend 2 or 3 nights there a week on the days I am unable to work from home. 

I had been hanging on to my IAC apartment, but it seems crazy to renew a lease on a place I spend 10-12 nights in a month.  So, I've been thinking of renting a room in a house.

I suspect my best bet is probably to find a house (not a shared IAC) owned by working adults (not college kids). 

I thought you might have some advice/suggestions on what to look for and what to avoid in a room for rent?  I've been checking Craiglist, any other suggestions?

I'm mid-thirties professional female. 

Thank you!

Welcome back 4w4m,

No pets, no smoking, good credit... I may have someone in mind for you.
Send me a PM if interested and I'll put you in contact with her.

-IR2

Meh. If it was me... Extended Stay America or its cousin if job relocation was an absolute no-go. More privacy, better flexibility. Cheaper than renting.

Back