"Talk Irvine" Shop Open - Vote Here

socal78

We are pleased to announce to the opening of the Talk Irvine virtual store. You will notice some of the items featured at the bottom of the home page. This step was made partially in response to those who have, at one point or another, requested items for purchase. What better way than to use this opportunity to help out the community that we know and love. The proceeds will be used to benefit a local non-profit organization. The moderators and admin have come together to narrow down groups for nomination. Among them ? you, the reader ? will get to vote on the charity of choice. Please read below for descriptions of these groups and links to their sites. Have fun browsing the store. As you explore, you will see that the items are customizable.

Cheers,

SoCal

Olive Crest ? Home & Services for Abused Children

"Since 1973, Olive Crest has transformed the lives of over 50,000 abused, neglected, and at-risk children and their families. We work tirelessly to meet the individual needs of kids in crisis by providing safe homes, counseling, and education for both youth and parents. Our many innovative programs reflect our conviction that strengthening the family is one of the most powerful ways to help heal children. With unwavering compassion, the Olive Crest family maintains a lifelong commitment to the youth and families we serve even after they have graduated from our programs."

Laurel House ? Emergency Teen Housing

"Laurel House is a residential home for teenage runaways and youth in crisis. As a shelter care facility, we are available for temporary housing of non-status offenders in Orange County, California. Our Mission is to support teens in crisis and their families, and to encourage family reconciliation or resolution by providing temporary residential care for teenagers, serving their physical, emotional and spiritual needs in a Christian homelike environment."

OCCHC - Housing and related services for very low income families

"OCCHC's mission is to transition extremely low income families towards greater self sufficiency by assisting them with housing and education. Its founding in 1977 was based on the principle that our low-wage families deserve safe housing and safe neighborhoods so that their children would have the same education benefits as those from more affluent neighborhoods."

- The poll will be open for one week -

[quote author="SoCal78"]We are pleased to announce to the opening of the Talk Irvine virtual store. You will notice some of the items featured at the bottom of the home page. This step was made partially in response to those who have, at one point or another, requested items for purchase. What better way than to use this opportunity to help out the community that we know and love. The proceeds will be used to benefit a local non-profit organization. The moderators and admin have come together to narrow down groups for nomination. Among them ? you, the reader ? will get to vote on the charity of choice. Check back soon for more information as we open the poll. In the meantime, have fun browsing the store. As you explore, you will see that the items are customizable.

Cheers,

SoCal
[/quote]

Great job on all the TI stuff. I especially love the Stein--though I like the White/Gold better than the traditional blue.

Update: Our poll is now open. Please view the program descriptions in my original post and then vote on your choice. Thank you.

Only two days left to vote in our poll to choose the charity benefited by this site. We need more voters!

Thanks to those who participated in our week-long poll. As the results indicate, proceeds from T.I. merchandise purchased through our virtual store will benefit Olive Crest home and services for abused children. We will post updates as they come.

Get 10% off your t-shirt order using this coupon code: TSHIRTS10OFF
Good until 3/01/10

Thank you again.

Sorry... I forgot to vote... but Olive Crest would have been my choice too.

Think if I order now, I'll get it before Jan 30?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Sorry... I forgot to vote... but Olive Crest would have been my choice too.

Think if I order now, I'll get it before Jan 30?[/quote]

IHO: I have placed two orders from them and both were delivered in under a week.... one took just a few days. So, my guess is it would be pretty quick.

Zazzle, the host of our virtual store, will donate $1 towards Haitian relief efforts for every t-shirt purchased from last Saturday through today.

@SoCal, did you still have coupon for these TI stuff?

I'm surprised these items still available since we talk so little about it on TI all these years.  I'm going pick up coupe of those TI mug.
http://www.zazzle.com/talk+irvine+gifts

talk_irvine_coffee_mug-r92dc0420b6a74a97ab53e6d471e04373_x7jgr_8byvr_324.jpg

lnc said:
@SoCal, did you still have coupon for these TI stuff?

I'm surprised these items still available since we talk so little about it on TI all these years.  I'm going pick up coupe of those TI mug.
http://www.zazzle.com/talk+irvine+gifts

talk_irvine_coffee_mug-r92dc0420b6a74a97ab53e6d471e04373_x7jgr_8byvr_324.jpg

Wow, this thread is a time capsule. I haven't thought about the Zazzle shop in years. Sorry, I don't really have much to do with it anymore.

While I don't personally have exclusive promo codes, they are easy to find on the internet. The Zazzle site itself currently has a code on the banner. There are also a bunch more here. Good luck!

Back