TV

socal78

Who's watching Honey Boo Boo?

I can't tear myself away from this train wreck.

I also watch Big Ang. Still can't tell if that's a man or woman.

Both "women" - Ang and Honey Boo Boo's momma, June, give my husband chills when he catches a glimpse. I asked him -- If somebody held a gun to his head and made him pick one of the women to date, which would it be? I really thought he'd pick Ang. At least she has somewhat of a nice figure. Nope! He couldn't deal with the "man hands" and manly face. Too creeped out. He hates it when I make him play these games.  :)

I like the new show "Dark Matters: Twisted but True". Interesting. I record every episode.

Oh. For what it's worth:

Regarding Big Ang -- she did say people have always asked her if she's a man in drag or a woman. She insisted she's a woman... but THEN immediately followed up by saying, "Quit busting my balls."

Wait a second!!

It's hard to watch Honey Boo Boo but my wife loves it!! If there weren't subtitles I would not know what the heck they were saying..

one day, i vow to get my tv back and watch a program that is not mickey's clubhouse, sesame street or yo gabba gabba....

I don't watch much TV but I heard about Honey Boo Boo on the radio on KFI on the way to work.

I get sick hearing about all these silly reality TV.  Nothing's real about these shows. Kim...what's her face and all.  I don't watch any of them.

But I'm sure Honey Boo Boo's parents are going to be laughing all the way to the bank soon.  Next it'll be the Beverly BooBooBillies show or something.

I don't care if you're an adult and agree to go through with this nonsense but putting the kids through it just to make money is criminal. 

Who's watching "Couples Therapy" on VH1? Meee. Courtney is too much with all her fake poses, trying to act all grown up.

Also, I've just started watching "Alaska State Troopers" and can't get enough. It's like a combo of "Ice Road Truckers" and "Cops". Those people that live in the remote village only two miles from Siberia seem like the toughest people on the planet.

Two new shows I started watching this season:

1. Revolution - Dystopian civilization 15 years into the future after all the electricity went out... another J.J. Abrams sci-fi that looks okay.

2. Elementary - Modern retelling of Sherlock Holmes... Lucy Liu plays Watson... that was enough for me.

Shows I started watching but never had before (so catching up):

Big Bang Theory - I never watched it because I wanted to start from the beginning, spent all summer watching the first 5 seasons and now I'm addicted... it's like Friends for nerds.

Dexter - The premise is macabre but the acting and characters are interesting.

How I Met Your Mother - Haven't really got into it like I did with Big Bang... but it's okay.

Homeland - Who doesn't love CIA stuff? Esp since there is no more Jack Bauer.

I'm sad that this is the last season of The Office. Not shocked, though. I knew it couldn't be the same after Michael (Steve Carell) left. I'll miss Dwight!!!!

I'm feeling sick and dizzy today because I stayed up until 1:30 this morning watching the premiere of the show "Catfish" on MTV.

OMG. I am hooked.  :-\ Has anyone seen this?!?

The series is named and formed after the documentary by the same name centered around the producer / host of this show.

When you fall in love with someone on the internet, you never know what you're going to get. The first episode was creepy... gut-wrenching... and sad. It can certainly make you question anyone you meet online be it friend or "more than friends".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMA4x7aXJT0[/youtube]

Has anyone here ever met someone in person after years of getting to know them online? I have. I used to be part of a journaling site where the members (all females - a sisterly bond) became close. I met one good internet friend after 8 years!!! Thankfully, she turned out to be just as I had imagined. It was very surreal, though, sitting with her face-to-face after so long. A complete stranger but one you know so well.

I hope not all of these episodes turn out to be full of shock and disappointment.

Also, I was surprised that there are people out there who are faithful to their "internet girlfriend / boyfriend". Like... get this... they are in a committed relationship... with someone they have never met!... and frankly, may never meet. :-\ What the what?!

Catfish is a crazy show! It's good stuff. It's on tonight. Watch it!!

Tonight is the story of Kim and Matt. They met online 10 years ago! They have chatted online and on the phone. They've never even Skyped. Tonight they will meet for the very first time.

So far we've had:

A "20-something male model" who really turned out to be an 18 year old lesbian.
A "young, hot exotic dancer named Scorpio, with 2 children" who turned out to be an overweight 42 year old father of four.

I hope Matt will be what he says he is. Ten years is a long time. Too long to waste on a lie.

Is anybody watching this program?! Do it!

I was so upset by the last episode!  :'(

For ONCE, the person on the other end was actually real. Matt is who he says he is. Not hiding any kids, wives, or dirty secrets. He's not a 65 year old perv. He's not a lesbian like the first episode. Nothing to hide. Well, except one secret. He weighs 554 lbs. That was down from the 619 that he was at his highest while in this decade-long online relationship with Kim.

THAT is why he was avoiding her this entire time. That's why he was acting so rude towards her. He would Skype with everyone but her. He almost acted like he didn't even like her although they would say he loves her. He was so insecure about his weight and was afraid he would be a disappointment... he might "lose" her.

She was ALL into him. She said she loves everything about him. I am so sorry to say once she met him, she changed her tune. Apparently she forget she is a cow herself. She blamed it on not being ready for a relationship. RIGHT!! SURE!! I could not believe it. He was so sweet. In person, he confessed he is in love with her and now that he saw her in person, is even more in love with her. He was saying how PRETTY she is. (OMG, she is not pretty. I'm sorry.) But noooo. She is too good for him. Completely mind-boggling. Several times, he hugged her and said, "I love you. Don't forget." She said NOTHING back. No "I love you".

He is really sweet, really cute! He seems like such a cool person. They do look cute together. I just don't get it. I don't know why she is passing this up. They still keep in touch every day and are talking about visiting each other again.

I had a really hard time with this one. I'll admit I cried at the outcome. He didn't deserve this. He can do better. She turned out to be so shallow.  >:D

18233_563171867033376_1976350724_n.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
Hence why you may never meet me in person. :)

See, I don't get why you say that. If I should take what you say in the literal sense... why would meeting me be any different from meeting Homer, Irvine Realtor, BK, Zovall, etc. whom you have met in person. Apparently you're not afraid of those people, so, why me? I am no different from them. It is like saying you put more stock in those people. You have no faith in me. I thought you knew me better than that.

However, I do understand. If you met me, I think you would say to yourself: "What a let down." That wouldn't stop me from meeting anyone, though. Everybody has insecurities in some form. It takes a brave person to admit them. The truth: When I met Traceimage, I felt like Lurch. You know what? In heels, I am six feet tall . I hate that, even around a nice friend like her. (I don't think she'll mind me saying she's on the petite side - nothing wrong with that at all. However, the difference between us is exaggerated.) When I met her, I was wearing moccasins, thankfully. I just about LOL'd when she said she felt so short next to me. If only she knew I wish I was just like her!

My experience so far is most people have the same, exact thoughts you do. What is the worst thing that can happen? They think you're a huge disappointment and never speak to you again. Good. Then they were never a true friend to begin with and their loss is someone else's gain. Think about it, Iho.

If you label this "cray-cray" once more, I'm only going to smack you when I finally do run into you at Costco.

*Uh-hem*

My questions were not rhetorical. Spill it, Iho. Why do you think I'm such an insensitive, stuck-up, shallow bitch? I really want to know what I've said or done that gives you that impression. Please tell me.

I think you're reading too deep into my one-liners... they are not commentaries on you... but rather on me... and more tongue-in-cheek than anything.

I need to start watching this catfish show. 

Socal ?  insensitive, stuck-up, shallow bitch

Socal = hot 5'9" strawberry blonde that loves to cook for and take care of her man.  If things were to ever not work out with my wife i would ask Socal out even though she is married  :)

Back