Eclipse

socal78

Who's watching? God is amazing.

We have our homemade shoebox viewer ready. Have been watching since about 6 p.m. Our neighbors came over to watch with us through the box. We also offered it to people passing by in the neighborhood however they seem to be oblivious to what's going on.

We've decided to make a trip in 2017(?) for the next total solar eclipse... somewhere out in the midwest or something - wherever the path of the shadow lies. It will be cool to see it go from day to pitch black night with stars, the day again in a span of minutes.

I just used my iPhone camera to view the partial eclipse. Not very exciting. Looks much cooler on TV from the Oregon area.

TIME Magazine had a nice set up in Casper Wy, showing a view on the ground rather than of the sun and moon. Amazing how fast the path of totality comes on, as well as how bright it remains around the area even in shadow.

Set your calendars for April 8th, 2024. That Eclipse will travel from Texas to New York.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People

irvinehomeowner said:
My eyes... my eyes!!!

"President Trump and first lady Melania Trump viewed Monday's once-in-a-generation solar eclipse from the White House.

The couple stood with their son, Barron, on the Blue Room Balcony - while wearing special protective glasses - to take in the eclipse as it made its way through the Washington area.

Trump took off the glasses momentarily, gestured to a large crowd of aides standing below on the South Lawn, looked up and pointed to the sky. One of the staffers shouted "don't look."

A couple of minutes later, Trump, with his glasses back on, turned his head upward and watched the eclipse for around a minute and a half as the eclipse reached its apex."
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill....2-trump-takes-in-eclipse-from-white-house?amp

CNN said looking at the sun is bad so it must be fakenews. What do scientists know anyway?

DHxudIVVwAIGQ-T

Loco_local said:
CNN said looking at the sun is bad so it must be fakenews. What do scientists know anyway?

DHxudIVVwAIGQ-T

FAKE NEWS! Somebody just photoshopped out his solar eclipse glasses ;)

donald-trump-3.jpg

No photoshop is that good at faking an orange tan. :)

Saw the live footage, he seemed like he was doing it to spite the sun, after he looked up someone said "Don't look!" and he did it again.

Trump must know more about the sun than we do (he looks like one).

Back