[IHB] Closed Sales from 2/23/2012 to 2/29/2012

Quite a bit of closings last week.  See anything interesting?

12,000 square foot monster at 23 Cactus closed for 6.5M.

2000 sq ft Bougainvillea at 54 White Sage sold for $510k.  I haven't kept up with prices there lately; is that typical for that tract?

WoodburyDad said:
What stood out to me was the amount of activity in Woodbridge
A lot of the attached condos in Woodbridge are now trading below rental parity so investors are starting to get active over there.  I got a buyer into an escrow on a Fannie Mae REO even though he got outbid by 2 all cash investors (Fannie prefers to sell to an owner occupant versus an investor if possible).

zovall said:
4 Hudson, Northwood 3CWG closed for $695k, originally listed for $765k... we drove by it but never saw inside:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/4-Hudson-92620/home/4796013

Older Northwoods 3CWGs are affordable... just not as desireable.

3 Halfmoon, Woodbridge 4/2.5 for $670k:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/3-Halfmoon-92614/home/4695307

I still think those are a little on the high side... but it has a good location.

Does this list include short sales as well ?? Some prices seem much lower than others.

zovall said:

2000 sq ft Bougainvillea at 54 White Sage sold for $510k.  I haven't kept up with prices there lately; is that typical for that tract?

The price is unbelieveable,  are they real???  is it hard to get one?

zovall said:

waitin4ever said:
Does this list include short sales as well ?? Some prices seem much lower than others.
Yes, it includes short sales as well.  The list includes everything in MLS marked as Closed Saled in the last week. 

Interesting 2 exact floorplans in columbus grove close at much different price in
the same week.!!

zovall said:
waitin4ever said:
Yes, it includes short sales as well.  The list includes everything in MLS marked as Closed Saled in the last week. 

this is extremely helpful zovall!  i like that you are putting the sq feet too as sometimes, people remove everything from MLS after its sold.

These good prices are exactly what the developers don't want you to know. This will compete with new homes and drive the new home benchmark prices down. 2010 benchmark prices were extremely high but buyers accepted that due to the desperation of pend up demands. Unfortunately this single event changed the course of history. Had the buyers resisted like today the prices could have been 30% or less back at 2010.

Resale owners asking for wtf prices should  thank the developers for that.

The activities reflected on the IHB list to me included underwater and unrealistic mortgage terms where the owners have little or no control over the price negotiations.

it may not be arms and leg transactions; 54 White Sage has fraud written all over it.

gld2 said:

zovall said:

The Motor Court Company said:
it may not be arms and leg transactions; 54 White Sage has fraud written all over it.

gld2 said:

zovall said:

What makes you say that about White Sage?  I will admit, funny stuff does happen with short sales.

Back