Mirasol VS Cadenza

desertgrl

Maybe you guys can help me, I've had such a hard time deciding what to do and I just want to make a solid decision already!!! This might be long so I apologize but I thank you guys so much for any input.

We REALLY would like to have a house, however we are still saving and won't be able to buy for probably another year. Currently we are at Mirasol in a Plan E -- I really love the layout and especially the kitchen, there is also a lot of room (1200sqft) and storage. The problem I have with the place is when you go outside.

The parking near my apartment is horrible, we have to park our main car in the leasing center parking lot or on the street and walk down a dirt hill to get to our apartment. Sometimes it's ok but when it's raining or we're carrying something it's not fun. And the main problem is that we were "accidentally" placed in a non-preference building and the people downstairs from us smoke. I have a young daughter and am allergic to cigarette smoke so it's very frustrating to not be able to open my windows, go on my patio or on most days walk up or down the stairs without breathing in smoke. Also, no matter what it's still an apartment.

Now Cadenza, it's pretty much the same as Woodbury Place however it's brand new and it's a townhome. The garage is awesome, the patio is awesome and the bedroom sizes and appliances are awesome. However it is less sqft than where we are now, and the living room and kitchen are small especially compared to what we have now. I'm also not too fond of the bathroom my husband and I would have. The main problem is that it's $410 more than what we're paying now.

We did put a hold on a unit which turned out to be in a non-preference building, if the neighbors ended up being smokers it's not likely the smoke would affect us because of the units location however I can't be sure of that and don't want to be put in the same situation as I am now for $400 more. We also thought it might be a better idea to stay and save money however our rent will be going up by 6% in September so at that point Cadenza will only be $278 more a month. Another issue with that location is that it's in the front and will most likely have construction noise soon and we've already gone through almost 2 years of that here at Mirasol and it's almost over so I don't want to start that process all over again.

There was one other location we like which is non-smoking and in the back so we ended up letting our unit go because I just didn't want to risk the whole smoking and construction thing. I had planned on just switching to the other unit however since that one won't be ready until July they said our hold deposit couldn't be transferred and would have to be forfeit. At that point we weren't even sure we wanted to move there and definitely didn't want a smoking unit so we forfeited our hold deposit, we'd have to put another deposit down for the other unit which we haven't done and basically we just keep going back and forth on what to do.

We've actually had a really bad experience with the IAC and don't want to make the wrong choice, again! Basically our ultimate goal is to have a house here however my daughter is getting older and I don't want her to grow up in an apartment and it could take awhile to get a house. So if anyone has any input that would be awesome, would like to figure it out once and for all this weekend!

Back