Koko's Cafe (HK style, Irvine)

momopi

Koko's Cafe
15435 Jeffrey Rd
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 551-2888http://kokos-cafe.comhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/kokos-cafe-irvine

These guys just opened so expect some rough edges.  Do please give them feedback on the food.  If you order pasta option with your meal, ask for the spicy red sauce with your pasta.  It's not O'Shine Cafe but at least now we have a place in Irvine to order HK cafe style food.

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

9e943191.jpg

96bcaf66.jpg

f117290c.jpg

The noodles were a big disappointed, should be fried, slightly crispy but it was just a normal stirfry and soggy.  Two thumbs down for now....

Do they sell donuts?

Just kidding... but those pictures have me salivating... even the normal soggy stir-fry noodles.

Does the vegetables side change daily? It looks different from plate to plate on these pictures... ps9's doesn't have green beans like momo's.

So your pictures made me eat here tonight.

I ordered the HK Style Chicken Steak and the Cantonese Pan Fried Noodles.

I really liked how they did the tomato-flavored rice and the tomato sauce on the chicken was very good. Unlike the Yelp reviews, my chicken was cooked fine. The noodles were okay, they had this flavor that I recognize from other places but I don't know exactly what it is. I don't really dislike it but I prefer a more chinese style (whatever that could be... maybe I mean americanized) taste for the noodles.

Unfortunately, I did takeout so I didn't get to taste the vegetable soup but based on the vegetables and tomato sauce, I imagine it's quite good. And yes... I did tip for takeout.

I also passed by the i-Tea House and now want to try that place out... is it better than Guppy House?

Some Chinese food are good for takeout but noodle should be eaten immediately or the texture will change after condensation inside the closed lid.

The hot HK milk tea is decent, if u go there, try the chow fun for me, hope they don't fail on that.

We had the same feeling, the food was subpar, something we can probably whip up at home, and we're terrible cooks... thumbs down for now...

Restaurant was empty (2tables?) on a Friday night around 7:30.  Wonder how long they are going to last?

Back