Greenwood
2,945 sqft - 3,515 sqft
4 bed, 3 bath - 5 bed, 5.5 bath

Stafford
3,309 sqft - 3,741 sqft
4 bed, 3.5 bath - 5 bed, 4.5 bath

Neighborhoods.jpg

Site+Plan.jpg

iconic pedestrian bridges and a linear park that create a unique identity not found elsewhere in Southern California

194745_268508049839480_214037014_o.jpg

Reactions: rkp
Yes, one bridge right where the crosswalk is at the old Borders, and another near the crosswalk that leads into the promenade past Sharkey's. That way it wouldn't take 30 minutes to get out of that place, maybe only 15.

furioussugar said:
Are they tearing down both hangers?

The southern hangar was always scheduled to be demolished, the irvine company apartments and Anton's low income apartments will be built just south of southern hanger i believe. Park Ave, which is the entrance to the district (by target) will also be entrance into the apartments on the other side of tustin ranch road. The north hangar is now red-tagged after the roof on the northern part of the hangar caved in and caused damaged to that hydrogen airplane that was being housed there.  After the roof caved in it sounds like the city is realizing its more trouble than its worth and will likely tear it down, or more accurately, have the marine corp tear it down since i think the marine corp still technically owns the hangar (or is paying for its teardown).

qwerty said:
furioussugar said:

The southern hangar was always scheduled to be demolished, the irvine company apartments and Anton's low income apartments will be built just south of southern hanger i believe. Park Ave, which is the entrance to the district (by target) will also be entrance into the apartments on the other side of tustin ranch road. The north hangar is now red-tagged after the roof on the northern part of the hangar caved in and caused damaged to that hydrogen airplane that was being housed there.  After the roof caved in it sounds like the city is realizing its more trouble than its worth and will likely tear it down, or more accurately, have the marine corp tear it down since i think the marine corp still technically owns the hangar (or is paying for its teardown).

That sucks, I was really hoping they'd keep one of them up and turn it into a museum or something.  As an almost 30yr resident of Irvine, I can't think of a more iconic building than the hangars. Hopefully the GP will do a good job with their museum in the future that will pay homage to the naval/marine corp legacy of both El Toro and Tustin

thedude111222 said:
qwerty said:
furioussugar said:

That sucks, I was really hoping they'd keep one of them up and turn it into a museum or something.  As an almost 30yr resident of Irvine, I can't think of a more iconic building than the hangars. Hopefully the GP will do a good job with their museum in the future that will pay homage to the naval/marine corp legacy of both El Toro and Tustin

They're keeping the south hangar and making it an Entertainment District.

test said:
thedude111222 said:
qwerty said:
furioussugar said:

They're keeping the south hangar and making it an Entertainment District.

so they will have things to do inside the hangar? i guess watching others get hit in the head with falling pieces of wood from the roof will be entertaining  :)

Sheldon
1,837 sqft - 2,389 sqft
3 bed, 2.5 bath - 5 bed, 3 bath

Crawford
2,419 sqft - 2,711 sqft
4 bed, 3 bath

Greenwood
2,945 sqft - 3,515 sqft
4 bed, 3 bath - 5 bed, 5.5 bath

Stafford
3,309 sqft - 3,741 sqft
4 bed, 3.5 bath - 5 bed, 4.5 bath

Neighborhoods.jpg

Site+Plan.jpg

here is your chance IHO, this is as close to south irvine as your going to get for new construction. if you dont sell your current place and rent it out you can still send your kids to irvine schools. best of both worlds. greenwood/stafford will probably have a 3wcg.

How close is that area to the train?

If Standard Pacific quality is what it was when we bought our home, I can highly recommend the builder.

Ready2Downsize said:
How close is that area to the train?

If Standard Pacific quality is what it was when we bought our home, I can highly recommend the builder.

that area is a good distance from the train. the train passes under jamboree, just north of edinger/irvine center drive and since there is no pedestrian crossing there you wont hear a horn. also, the closest pedestrian crossings are at redhill/edinger and harvard/irvine center drive and both are quiet zones so the train wont do the horn there.

My hubby takes that train to work every day.

We don't need to have Irvine schools but we would love to stay in the area.

Our church is soooooooooooo close.

And our Standard Pac home we live in now has had absolutely zip problems.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please have a decent sized interior location without major afternoon sun, master bedroom plus one more bedroom downstairs......... please!!!!!!!!

and no horn noise. lol!

Back