Author Topic: Retail Openings and Closures  (Read 333226 times)

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 525
  • -Received: 397
Re: Retail Openings and Closures
« Reply #1620 on: January 11, 2018, 02:21:27 PM »
Beijing Restaurant took over Lunar Chinese Restaurant in the Zion shopping plaza.  No Yelp page up yet.  Anyone have any details?

Interesting...I am amazed that Lunar lasted that long. 

Hope it is a northern noodle place.  Need more casual restaurants in that mall.

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 13
  • -Received: 244
« Reply #1621 on: January 12, 2018, 08:17:20 AM »
Yes I talked to the staff it's a permanent outlet location.  Typically outlet prices are 30% off but I think at least for this weekend it will be 30% off + an additional 30% promo.  So prices are just as good as warehouse for a short while.  They really didn't do anything to the inside since the warehouse sale so very minimal investment for them.

I heard a sales lady last night talking to a couple who was looking at some overpriced huge spotlight / glass looking piece saying  "don't think about the price, think about how much it means to you and how much you want it in your home.  Furniture isn't a monetary purchase, it's an emotional purchase".    She actually said this with a straight face and I thought to myself that crap talk will never work - then literally 5 second pause and the wife goes "that's it we're getting it".  Wow, just wow.

Paging Ronnie...

RH Outlet sale - 40% everything starting today

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline woodburyowner

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 49
  • -Received: 104
« Reply #1622 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:57 PM »
Beijing Restaurant took over Lunar Chinese Restaurant in the Zion shopping plaza.  No Yelp page up yet.  Anyone have any details?

Tried to eat lunch there today.  Place was packed so I left.  It's the same chain as the on in Rowland.  This place will probably take some business away from Meizou Dongpo.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 525
  • -Received: 397
« Reply #1623 on: January 12, 2018, 02:05:46 PM »

Tried to eat lunch there today.  Place was packed so I left.  It's the same chain as the on in Rowland.  This place will probably take some business away from Meizou Dongpo.

I don't think MD because MD is szechuan cooking...very unique style.  This place looks like a Northern Chinese cuisine...noodles, dumplings, pancakes...seems interesting.   I think the Chinese restaurants at Woodbury and OH may take a hit though.

Offline woodburyowner

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1624 on: January 12, 2018, 02:47:12 PM »

I don't think MD because MD is szechuan cooking...very unique style.  This place looks like a Northern Chinese cuisine...noodles, dumplings, pancakes...seems interesting.   I think the Chinese restaurants at Woodbury and OH may take a hit though.

I should have clarified.. was referring to the peking duck.  There aren't many places to get this dish.

Offline fumbling

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 11
« Reply #1625 on: January 12, 2018, 04:39:22 PM »
The peking duck is a hefty $50 or so.

Offline woodburyowner

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1626 on: January 12, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »
The peking duck is a hefty $50 or so.

The one at MD is $77!  Like I said, it's a specialty dish that most restaurants don't carry..

Offline fumbling

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 11
« Reply #1627 on: January 14, 2018, 09:16:14 PM »
I never understood the appeal of expensive peking duck compared to the "regular" roast duck at places like Sam Woo deli.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1872
  • -Received: 3321
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1628 on: Yesterday at 06:43:20 AM »
Has anyone been to that Kashgar Grill near Irvine Valley College? I don't think I'll ever eat there because they specialize in lamb dishes and me no eat baa-baas.

That wasn't very long.

Kashgar got replaced by some place called Noodology.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
www.loansbyjw.com

Offline woodburyowner

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #1629 on: Yesterday at 09:19:05 AM »
Has anyone been to that Kashgar Grill near Irvine Valley College? I don't think I'll ever eat there because they specialize in lamb dishes and me no eat baa-baas.

That wasn't very long.

Kashgar got replaced by some place called Noodology.

Yea, it got replaced a few months ago.  Noodology is actually really good.  Had to wait 15 minutes for dinner on a weeknight.  All hardcore mainlanders in there.

Offline Garmin

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #1630 on: Yesterday at 11:43:38 PM »
The Stand has a much larger selection... not just burgers... the pork fries is really good (The Stand is the same owners as The Lime Truck and TLT Foods in the Spectrum).

The Cut is more like a sitdown restaurant and is pricey.

Mooyah is more like Smashburger but much better tasting food. Mooyah also has chili fries (and a chili dog) but cost more than Costco. :)

Thanks for this post!  I took my family here twice since reading it and it’s very good.   French Onion Soup Burger was excellent and the sides are great.   Have to try Mooyah next.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 360
  • -Received: 533
« Reply #1631 on: Today at 12:57:59 AM »
Irvine has 7 (8 if you include PF Chang) of OC’s Top 20 Chinese restaurants according to the OC Register:

https://www.ocregister.com/2016/12/22/top-20-chinese-restaurants-in-orange-county/

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts