Construction workers

kayochan

I got harassed by an old construction worker (at least I think they were construction workers) at Subways (near the new Cypress Village) today.  He was pretty scary with red eyes and just a lot of anger.  He was with two other construction workers.  At least I think they were construction workers since couple of them still had the yellow (with orange vertical lines vest on) and they all had really really leathery tanned skin like they work outdoors all the time. 

Anyways, I assume that they are crews working at Cypress Village or maybe one of the other new developments and just had a bad day at work maybe?  Maybe the project manager was on their
butts?  So beware of the TIC construction crew men...if they accost you in anyway, just walk away unless you are good at Kung Fu...

sorry it happened to you... but maybe a little more detail on what happened.. did you take the last cold cut combo?  maybe just tell the old fart to fuck off and go dig a hole in the 100 degree weather while you go work your white collar job..  did they get physical?  Irvine PD has good response times.. and if they're construction workers they're not going anywhere..

frank69m said:
So what did you do to provoke?

The server helping the guy was done with him and approached us so we could order.  When she started to take our order/answer any questions, the guy cut in and told us to get back behind him cause he doesn't want the server to get distracted with other orders until his food was done.  He kinda got in my face and raised his voice at us.  (And of course the death stare. ;)) I felt harassed because he did totally invade my perimeter bubble so it was very uncomfortable.  He also made a couple of snide comments but I ignored it.

The server kinda shook her head but ignored the situation and waited until the guy finally walked away.  When I ordered, as soon as the order was completed she asked the guy behind me for his order and he went past me so she could hear him.  So I am assuming that I wasn't out of bounds by stepping forward when the server asked for my order.  Anyways, the construction guy did not get physical probably because I stayed calm and acquiesced.  (I mean really, he could've totally kicked my butt.)

ps99472 said:
sorry it happened to you... but maybe a little more detail on what happened.. did you take the last cold cut combo?  maybe just tell the old fart to fuck off and go dig a hole in the 100 degree weather while you go work your white collar job..  did they get physical?  Irvine PD has good response times.. and if they're construction workers they're not going anywhere..

It didn't get physical, but I think being in Irvine, I am not used people getting aggressive so it was uncomfortable.  The guy was big (at least to me) and definitely muscular.  When those blood shot blue eyes bore into me, I was a little scared.

kayochan said:
When those blood shot blue eyes bore into me, I was a little scared.

I'm not sure why but this line makes me LOL so much. Other than that, sorry for the experience. I think the heat does all kinds of crazy things to people.

Back