Irvine's 5th High School

akula1488

This is probably too early; but eventually Irvine will have its 5th high schoolhttp://voiceofoc.org/oc_south/article_31d45db6-b210-11e0-b136-001cc4c03286.html

With the exception of Uni, the desirability of the other 3 HS is inversely proportional to the age: Northwood(1999) > Woodbridge (1980) > Irvine (1975); so what do you think about the desirability of the 5th high school? Will it be close to Northwood or more like Beckman(TUSD)?

And how about the zoning? Apparently Heritage Fields will feed into the new HS; I think there is a good chance Portola Springs will too; how about other new/newer communities such as Stonegate, Woodbury...etc? I am asking because Irvine home buyers care a lot about the schools, this may affect future re-sale values.

I predict Woodbury and Cypress Villiage along with Heritage rezoned to the 5th high school. I see stonegate and ps continuing to go to NW High.

We'll see how this shakes out depending on what happens with Heritage Fields home sales.

The schools slated for Tustin Legacy are having problems... this may not be much different.

I actually view Beckman as Irvine's "5th" high school.

http://articles.dailypilot.com/2012...t-park-heritage-fields-councilman-steven-choi

Update about the great park high school:

High school might come to Great Park
IrvinIRVINE ? A high school may replace a planned residential project in the Great Park by 2017, according to city documents.

Council members agreed to consider relocating an approved 40-acre high school from Irvine Boulevard, about half a mile from the James A. Musick Jail, to within a 69-acre parcel of the Great Park near Trabuco Road.

As it stands now, the 69-acre parcel is slated to become a 429-unit residential project and community park by developer Heritage Fields, according to city staff reports.e council members agree to consider moving proposed school site next to the new sports sector.

However, an agreement between the developer and the Irvine Unified School District allows for consideration of other sites for the planned school. The move would require the developer to work with the city to relocate the residential project to city property and eventually provide compensation for the land.

Council members were favorable to the idea, with Councilman Steven Choi voicing the lone dissent with concerns over traffic and impact on future build out of the area.

"[With the] selection of this high school in Irvine, we are actually building the final phase of our community, so this is going to be a destination for an excellence of education we always pursue in Irvine," Mayor Sukhee Kang said while the council discussed the report at the Jan. 10 council meeting.

The alternative proposed site would be adjacent to the Great Park sports sector, a prospect which garnered further favor from Councilman Larry Agran.

"It presents an opportunity for joint-use sports facilities that would be of tremendous benefit to the entire community, to the Great Park, to the city at large and, of course, to the school community," Agran said.

He cited the possibilities of having football, soccer or baseball fields, a gym or an aquatics complex.

Yes, finally a separate high school for irvine's future riff rafts. The honorary students could start taking lesson from the Honor Farm across the street.

What a shame no builders want that piece of land across from the jail and now let's propose a high school for Irvine future ghettos thus complete the diversity the city lacks.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Yes, finally a separate high school for irvine's future riff rafts. The honorary students could start taking lesson from the Honor Farm across the street.

What a shame no builders want that piece of land across from the jail and now let's propose a high school for Irvine future ghettos thus complete the diversity the city lacks.

I read somewhere recently that the city of Irvine is fighting a plan to dramatically expand the Musick facility, up to 7,500 beds over the next few decades. It made me think of you.

So how can the city fight this?  It's over unincorporated land right?  If the state prison is shoving it's prisoners to the county prisons, don't they have to expand? 

Shouldn't be too bad.. maybe the new school and prison can cross educate each other...  students can use volunteer time at the prison to puff up their college resume and prisoners can get re-educated and re-enter society and start paying mello roos.. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
What a shame, you associate me with some wife slasher in Musick jail instead of menois a trios with Russell.

How sad, I know. It must be because you won't even let me have personal consoling sessions from Russell in our pretend marriage, due to his overzealous wife.

irvinehomeshopper said:
She is more than over zealous, strong personality, career driven, driven to lead and this year is her year.

She scares me. Does she have martial arts skills, too? She could probably kick my butt if I got to close to Russell. I don't think my Tae-Bo video training would be much of a match for her.

Saw Russell in the Chinese version of What Woman Wants on Netflix the other day...my wife would not believe me when I told her that is Russell Wong.  She's like "what happened to him?".  Exact quote

It was a minor role, and man his Chinese sucks or was it dubbed?  He keeps starting conversations in awkward Chinese then finish with English...

I'm still not use to "HK" movies with people speaking mainland mandarin...too much rolled rrrrrrrrrr's

Since she wears the pants Russ like being her boy toy when she attends gala events HK and abroad. Among HK celebrities FZ is known as the scholar chick.

High School #5

From IUSD website

The District's fifth high school will be located in the Heritage Fields/Great Park development. It is currently scheduled to open in 2016.

Assistant Director of Facilities: Lorrie Ruiz
Construction Projects Supervisor: To Be Determined
Architect: To Be Determined
Construction Manager: To Be Determined

Any questions regarding this project should be directed to Lorrie Ruiz, Assistant Director of Facilities,            949.936.5308      ,
or via email, LorrieRuiz@iusd.org.

Back