Hidden Canyon in Irvine

lcms2002

If you have a million bucks, where will you want your house to be in Irvine? WB, or SG, Some may prefer PS, QH or OH, may the upcoming village Laguna Atlura, or Lambert Ranch? For new homes, the best location is Hidden Canyon, which is next to LA. But we haven't heard anything from TIC, perhaps after 2013.  HC is further away from 405 and 133, with rolling hills, and ocean breeze, it is destined to be a pearl in all Irvine communities.

I was thinking it would have been cool if TIC built housing like Santana Row in San Jose.  Maybe the next Irvine Spectrum?  Yes, those did go for over a million dollars at one point. 

Hidden Canyon in Irvine, by Toll Brothers, is next to the second entry gate of Laguna Altura. I believe these homes will be priced in the mid $2 million to start.

Attachments

• IMG_4987.JPG
    IMG_4987.JPG
    537 KB · Views: 2,587
Tyler Durden said:
jamboreedude said:
Hidden Canyon in Irvine, by Toll Brothers, is next to the second entry gate of Laguna Altura. I believe these homes will be priced in the mid $2 million to start.

Where did you hear the mid- $2 million price?

I'm just guessing.

With the market as it is, it wouldn't surprise me if Toll Bros decided to make it mid $2m.

If TIC doesn't think it would make enough money for them at $2m, maybe TB doesn't either.

Tyler Durden said:
My contacts at TIC said it would be right at $2M.  According to the OC Business Journal its only going to have 150 homes.

Which is probably why TIC sold that plot.  150 homes might not provide the ROI they were looking for, vs. the large communities they build.  The more units they build, the lower the marginal cost.

When I visited a Toll Brothers development in Yorba Linda several months ago, the homes as advertised were actually $200,000 to $300,000 more because most of the lots were billed as premium. If these HC homes are starting at $2 mil, I bet the premium lots will bring the total base home to the mid $2mil.

I may consider selling Laguna Altura and trade up to a $2 mil Hidden Canyon home if I can get an extra bedroom, good size loft, 3500 sf+ and have a bigger yard for an inground pool and 3-car garage with wider driveway.

"Laguna Altura includes 596 homes, with 160 still to be built, Mike Lyster, Irvine Co. spokesman, wrote in an email.

The Hidden Canyon development, next to Shady Canyon in Irvine, has 258 homes planned to be built in the next three years."

The above quote is from an article in March, 2013

A total of 258 units are proposed for Planning Area 18 South. A Park Plan for Planning
Area 18 was previously approved for 160 units in 2010. The additional 98 units are
proposed to be transferred from undeveloped units in Planning Area 27 (Turtle Ridge).

Tyler Durden said:
Can you provide a link to this info?  I'm interested to see how that went down. 

Here it is:  http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/view.aspx?cabinet=published_meetings&fileid=14163751

Here are some images of the community and and neighborhood park from Test's link:

2gy2hsj.png

2powjo2.png

I think in some culdesacs in the newer communities in Irvine, they zone off culdesacs for no parking because the streets are more narrow and there is some minimum distance required for u-turns (and emergency vehicles).

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I think in some culdesacs in the newer communities in Irvine, they zone off culdesacs for no parking because the streets are more narrow and there is some minimum distance required for u-turns (and emergency vehicles).

That's the way it supposed to be over here... but like the morons driving to the neighborhood basketball court, folks don't seem to understand that no parking applies to residents as well as guests.

Toscana looks like the streets around the LA coliseum on game day due to all the cars parked on the street.

It is funny that almost all HOAs have rules about parking all your vehicles in your garage but rarely do I hear them enforcing these rules. I'm sure the HOA board members would get death threats from their neighbors if they start actually checking to see if people use their garages for cars.

iacrenter said:
Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:

That's the way it supposed to be over here... but like the morons driving to the neighborhood basketball court, folks don't seem to understand that no parking applies to residents as well as guests.

Toscana looks like the streets around the LA coliseum on game day due to all the cars parked on the street.

It is funny that almost all HOAs have rules about parking all your vehicles in your garage but rarely do I hear them enforcing these rules. I'm sure the HOA board members would get death threats from their neighbors if they start actually checking to see if people use their garages for cars.

oh come on man, this is Irvine you know, here we don't have grease balls like in Bensonhurst or Staten Island.

Tyler Durden said:
iacrenter said:
Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I get it if folks want to use their garage however they want.  But they need to park in their own driveway rather than in the common space, since they are the ones who filled their garages full of stuff to render them useless for their intended purpose.  In every HoA newletter so far, they bring this up.  As well as picking up after your pets, as well as no parking at the parks.  Every month, same notifications like a re-run...

Simple solution--require everyone in the HOA to have garage door windows installed and enforcement will be a snap.

330zj9d.png

My HOA has come come out once to inspect every garage to ensure it wasn't used for storage and the garage could fit the maximum number of cars.  Lol, my neighbor had to rearrange his garage to make sure it looked like it could fit 2 cars.  Then moved all his junk back in after inspection and only parks one car in there again after inspection.

OCgasman said:
My HOA has come come out once to inspect every garage to ensure it wasn't used for storage and the garage could fit the maximum number of cars.  Lol, my neighbor had to rearrange his garage to make sure it looked like it could fit 2 cars.  Then moved all his junk back in after inspection and only parks one car in there again after inspection.
Whoah... an HOA can do that? Isn't the garage your private space? How did they present this inspection?

OCgasman said:

Good idea. Most of my neighbors only park one of their cars in their garage because it's a tight fit to park two. I hate parking cars on the street because the sprinklers make them nasty. I had three cars briefly this summer and still can't get the water minerals off the side of the one I parked street-side.

Back