OC Homeless Shelter

eyephone

?Three north Orange County cities committed Wednesday to adding a total of 700 new homeless shelter beds at specific sites ? on top of the more than 1,000 shelter beds already in north county ? but south county mayors didn?t identify any additional shelter sites.

Carter commended Santa Ana, Anaheim, and Huntington Beach for committing to the 700 new shelter beds. The judge and a law clerk wrote the cities? names on a large poster paper and whiteboard in the courtroom, along with the number of beds each city committed to.

Carter said city officials had provided him the specific locations of the shelter sites. But he would not disclose the locations, saying he was respecting the cities? request to keep the locations confidential as discussions proceed.

The new shelter commitments were:

An extra 300 beds in Santa Ana: replacing the 400-bed Courtyard shelter with a new 700-bed facility. Santa Ana currently has more than 600 shelter beds.
An extra 325 beds in Anaheim: a 75-bed shelter, 50-bed shelter, and a 200-bed shelter in a building owned by businessman Bill Taormina. Anaheim currently has 200 shelter beds.

An extra 75 beds in unincorporated Midway City: 55 beds in one shelter and 20 in another nearby, as part of a joint funding arrangement with Huntington Beach and Westminster. Midway City currently has 20 shelter beds.?

Source:https://voiceofoc.org/2018/06/north...ss-shelter-beds-south-county-identifies-zero/

My comment: I think I like voice of oc it?s free to read the articles. I was on oc register and it said that I had 1 more view before I have to pay.

eyephone said:
My comment: I think I like voice of oc it?s free to read the articles. I was on oc register and it said that I had 1 more view before I have to pay.

Not sure this belongs in Irvine Real Estate.

There is an Around Town forum for these type of posts.

My comment: But what do you think of the article in relation to Irvine Real Estate?

I was thinking of putting it there. It might effect Irvine.
There?s a possibility that the judge might say so Irvine what are you going to do.

Back