OHR...Worth it or not?

firsthomebuyer

Just would like to see you guys' input...

I am planning to get OHR's Vivo home... the Plan 1, about 1900 sq ft.

With only 3 bedroom, do you guys think it's worth to pay 1.03 million for this home? Seems like the Plan 1 is not selling well with many homes left from the previous phase.

What about IP's build quality and reputation?

Sorry for any dumb questions!

Any comments would be appreciated :)

Worth is tricky because it depends on your situation and your plans.  Real Estate is still largely location based and unique so it may be worth it for some but not others.

$1.03 million is a big chunk of change but I don't know comps and what else is out there.  You will need to add about another 50-100K to that price for a new build for upgrades and other things. 

IP is fine as a builder.  They hire subs anyways. 

The view and neighborhood are amazing, but are you sure you want to spend a million bucks to have one 'room' for the entire downstairs?  I can't stand that design, (and it's 10x worse for the suckers who buy the conservatory) but to each their own.  If you don't mind the floorpan, go for it.  We might be near the peak but I can't imagine OHR will lose much money if any in the event of a crash or something.

Burn That Belly said:
Any issues that you have after closing, they will send guys to your house and correct any problems. When you move in to the house, a week later, you can call them up and they will send in paint guys to touch up any damages.

After a year of ownership, they will then come back in and perform any crack touch ups due to settling.

Any builder does that in Irvine though.

I'm looking through the floor plans and I don't really love any of them. I would have loved to seen something with a bedroom down.

If you buy in OH, you don't buy for the floor plan. You buy for the luxurious neighborhood and the nature surroundings. One can get creative and have fun with any floor plans.
I suggest you visit Vivo or any OHR models homes and check out the VIEWS and make sure to get the view lot.

Burn That Belly said:
Hey, we're going to be neighbors soon! Of course it's worth it. That's only about $540sf for a new build. There are many more homes that are well in the $580-600+ sf.

What you're getting is a prime top-tier location, zoned to the #1 best high school, gated community, high resale and desirability potential, with reasonable HOA and MR.

There's not a single ounce of doubt to be had. This is a great choice.

IP is a great builder. The design center experience was spectacular and closeby at Woodbury Town Center. But personally, I would say the after sales experience was even better. Any issues that you have after closing, they will send guys to your house and correct any problems. When you move in to the house, a week later, you can call them up and they will send in paint guys to touch up any damages.

After a year of ownership, they will then come back in and perform any crack touch ups due to settling. Because of their service, it's why I'm buying yet another TIC product from them.

I was actually considering Adagio as well, but their MR is just too high. For 3 bedroom home like Vivo, does the resale value is great? Seems not easy to me to sell 3 bedroom home @ $1 million dollar.

For the upgrades, what can I expect to buy for the upgrades? Like flooring and backsplash.

Sounds to me that IP has pretty good reputation :)

firsthomebuyer said:
Burn That Belly said:
Hey, we're going to be neighbors soon! Of course it's worth it. That's only about $540sf for a new build. There are many more homes that are well in the $580-600+ sf.

What you're getting is a prime top-tier location, zoned to the #1 best high school, gated community, high resale and desirability potential, with reasonable HOA and MR.

There's not a single ounce of doubt to be had. This is a great choice.

IP is a great builder. The design center experience was spectacular and closeby at Woodbury Town Center. But personally, I would say the after sales experience was even better. Any issues that you have after closing, they will send guys to your house and correct any problems. When you move in to the house, a week later, you can call them up and they will send in paint guys to touch up any damages.

After a year of ownership, they will then come back in and perform any crack touch ups due to settling. Because of their service, it's why I'm buying yet another TIC product from them.

I was actually considering Adagio as well, but their MR is just too high. For 3 bedroom home like Vivo, does the resale value is great? Seems not easy to me to sell 3 bedroom home @ $1 million dollar.

For the upgrades, what can I expect to buy for the upgrades? Like flooring and backsplash.

Sounds to me that IP has pretty good reputation :)

If you can buy pre owned 2 years old fully loaded 5 series for 45K. Will you pay 40K for brand new base model 3 series?

One thing I loved about OHR was the pool and clubhouse had a wonderful view, so even if you don?t have the cash for a premium view lot, you can still experience the ?elevated lifestyle?.  They even had lounge chairs facing out over the virw and I?m guessing on clear days you can see the ocean.

Unfortunately I don?t think it?s an easy walk to the pool from Vivo but all the other models are near it.

I assume it's one of the cheaper homes in OHR, why is it selling so slow per the op if the pool and view is so amazing.  If selling slow now, it normally means it'll sell slow during resale.  Personally, 1.1-1.15mil for a 3 bed once upgrades/landscaping are done is a no go for me...how much are you going to recoup if you try and sell in 2 years, is it going to go for 1.3mil in 2 years if you want to upsize from a 3 to a 4 bed?  I haven't checked elevations/site plan, but I assume no driveway either and motorcourt detached?

Back