Memorial Day 2018

DrTravel

Memorial Day was set up as a day to honor those who died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces and has evolved to be a day of remembrance and gratitude for all who served and their families. I'm sure every TI member will join me in thanking all who served and protected our country. And thank you to their families.

But rather than just honoring those I believe many vets would like to be heard instead of what some see as a hollow thank you. Does anyone really know their stories about the trial and tribulations of serving in the military and even more important, how it has impacted their return to civilian life and how society has treated them? So instead of shopping for kitchen appliances at Best Buy, why not try to actually help our vets? Some suggestions can be found athttps://www.military.com/veterans-day/heres-how-to-actually-thank-veterans-for-their-service.htmland other sites. So instead of spending some $$$ at the stores, why not donate it (or more importantly your time) to actually help the vets?

Message to the vets - I for one "hear you".

Back