Where not to drive in Irvine

iacrenter

The latest data (2105-2017) show these are the top 5 Irvine intersections for car accidents:

Jamboree & Walnut
Alton & Gateway
Barranca & Harvard
Alton & Jeffrey
MacArthur & Main St

I'm surprised the Jeffrey Rd corridor doesn't have more intersections listed.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/...alifornias-many-deadly-vehicle-crashes-occur/

oc-maps-4.jpg

Wow no "Culver & Irvine Blvd"?! 

I see flowers at that intersection all the time, and I've witnessed 2 rear ends occur there while I was just waiting at the light.  That intersection looks boring enough but must have some bad vibes or something, I would have picked it for the most dangerous intersection in the city.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

I'm surprised the entire Sand Canyon corridor isn't on the list. I hear lots of 'pedal to the metal' regardless of the time/traffic conditions, heh. 

RoyceLSP said:

I'm surprised the entire Sand Canyon corridor isn't on the list. I hear lots of 'pedal to the metal' regardless of the time/traffic conditions, heh.

IPD got the notice and they patrol this area heavily. Also the Portola parkway stretch from Jamboree/Portola to the end of the Portola /241. Punks thinks they owned these roads and the stupid looks on their faces when pulled over. There are schools in these area and with Bimmers I see a few already this month got snagged. There is no respect anymore.

Jeffrey at the I-5 interchange is another common location for accidents.

Jamboree where it turns the corner into Santiago Canyon Road (by Irvine Regional Park) is another common area for accidents (esp car vs. bicycle)

Compressed-Village said:
RoyceLSP said:

IPD got the notice and they patrol this area heavily. Also the Portola parkway stretch from Jamboree/Portola to the end of the Portola /241. Punks thinks they owned these roads and the stupid looks on their faces when pulled over. There are schools in these area and with Bimmers I see a few already this month got snagged. There is no respect anymore.

Yeah, I see people routinely going 65-70, even more. Its not a freeway! I get people passing aggressively by me when I am observing the speed limit on Portola.

misme said:
Compressed-Village said:
RoyceLSP said:

Yeah, I see people routinely going 65-70, even more. Its not a freeway! I get people passing aggressively by me when I am observing the speed limit on Portola.

Isn't the speed limit on Portola 60mph past Northwood HS until you cross Sand Canyon? 

misme said:
The section of Portola that I drive is posted 50 mph and I see people doing 65-70.

Interesting...Portola past Culver to San Canyon is about as wide open as Jeffery from Portola to Irvine Blvd (which as a 60mph speed limit). 

USCTrojanCPA said:
misme said:
The section of Portola that I drive is posted 50 mph and I see people doing 65-70.

Interesting...Portola past Culver to San Canyon is about as wide open as Jeffery from Portola to Irvine Blvd (which as a 60mph speed limit).

When they opened Portola Elementary, the cops looked for speeders on Portola and didn't find any in a whole week. Since Irvine's guidelines are to set the speed limit to the 85th percentile, they lowered it to 50.
https://www.ocregister.com/2016/03/...-speed-limits-on-several-streets-across-town/

Back