Vintage at Old Town Tustin By Taylor Morison

Parts of that surrounding area are still considered "low to moderate" income census tracts. When I saw they pushed over the old Boys Club and were making way for a new build, it might have been "affordable housing". That census tract is considered "moderate income".

Not only do you live next to two freeways, but you will not be able to get any low to moderate income program benefits - unless the City of Tustin has a specialized program.

Can't imagine there being bigly demand for these homes. We'll see.

This could be one of the rare truly walkable new builds in Orange County. Didn't Taylor Morrison do the condos along Newport Blvd near Hoag and 17th/Superior? That architecture was way better for "urban" maintenance free than this crap.

Oh man, just read that they're building 3-4 bedroom townhouses. Nevermind, this would have been much nicer as 1-2 bedroom condos for people without kids of school-going age. Then you can dodge the main drawback here, a crappy school feed (Estock -> CT -> Tustin).

Haven't been to that Cream Pan area in a while...was the old Bally's gym and Elizabeth Howard's Curtain Call torn down to make room for this?

Soylent Green Is People said:
Parts of that surrounding area are still considered "low to moderate" income census tracts. When I saw they pushed over the old Boys Club and were making way for a new build, it might have been "affordable housing". That census tract is considered "moderate income".

Not only do you live next to two freeways, but you will not be able to get any low to moderate income program benefits - unless the City of Tustin has a specialized program.

Can't imagine there being bigly demand for these homes. We'll see.

Isn?t there is lack of inventory below the million range. This might ideal for a first time home buyer.

I think you can transfer schools within Tustin.

That old town Tustin area is ghetto.  I go for the Cr?me Pan and get outta dodge as soon as I can.

No way I?d much rather live in Baker Ranch than most parts of Tustin... I?ll take the Buick over the Oldsmobile.

I live in Irvine but go to Tustin to get away from the FCB's. Irvine is getting better with ethnic foods but anything decent is packed, parking is a nightmare, and usually overpriced.

I prefer to live in a clean, new, manicured HOA neighborhood, but within a quick drive to places like Tustin, Costa Mesa, etc, for more "authentic" non-chain, more interesting and cheaper restaurants and shops.

Am perfectly happy to live in place where there's no nightlife and nothing stays open past 9 pm other than the local supermarket and CVS :)

aquabliss said:
That old town Tustin area is ghetto.  I go for the Cr?me Pan and get outta dodge as soon as I can.

Sometimes I go to Honda-Ya @ around 9pm and the place is full with a small wait, but come 11pm, when I leave, the outside courtyard is filled with people waiting for a table. 

I think I've eaten beef tongue at Honda Ya, but I don't recall.  I normally get the beef tongue at mitsuwa food court which they cook next to the counter.  It's got a very prominent burnt charcoal flavor.

Back