Ring Pro Doorbell Installation

Are you aware of the subscription fee?
Two types of plans $30, $100 a year using their video recording service

eyephone said:

yeah, unfortunately i found about this after i bought the ring pro, but i got such a steep discount on it that it won't bother me as much.  already had 2 packages stolen from my front door, so i need some sort of deterrent

id_rather_be_racing said:
eyephone said:

yeah, unfortunately i found about this after i bought the ring pro, but i got such a steep discount on it that it won't bother me as much.  already had 2 packages stolen from my front door, so i need some sort of deterrent

Are you also going with the ring spotlight cam or ring floodlight cam?

eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Are you also going with the ring spotlight cam or ring floodlight cam?

Just the ring pro front doorbell.  It'll capture the area I need to cover for any potential thieves.  I have amazon cloud cams for inside the home and garage (which are fantastic btw).

Compressed-Village said:
I do have an existing doorbell, but the chime that is connected to the doorbell is incompatible without some electrical work (DC to AC out conversion).  Worse case scenario is I would need to wire the ring pro directly to the transformer and buy one of those ring wi-fi chimes, but if the cost of doing the conversion with the existing door chime is less, I would prefer to do that.

Anyone know someone who could install a ring pro doorbell and do a DC to AC out conversion on the door chime?  TIA

So you don't have an existing doorbell?

I ran into the same issues when installing mine. You will need to replace your transformer. Usually locate in the coat closet  1st floor then it will be fine.

Back