Extension of incomplete roads

orangemo

Any idea if The Irvine Company will support Ridge Route Drive's extension over the Interstate 5 in Laguna Hills to connect with the Lake Forest Ridge Route Drive?

What's at the dead end of Rockfield Boulevard?

Also, what about Portola Parkway from the dead end in Irvine to Lake Forest? I know Irvine Company opposes it because then the TCA would lose money because people would prefer a free road over a paid state maintained highway, but that would provide commuters access to Foothill Ranch without having to go down Portola Springs Drive to Irvine Blvd to Alton if they don't have access to Fastrak, which probably already takes 15 minutes. Maybe something new in Irvine will open there and it may get extended.

Also, any other extensions in the area I didn't mention?

The Irvine Company wouldn't have much to do with a Lake Forest/Laguna Hills extension. That's a Caltrans/LF/LH issue. Since it won't' be a freeway access point, not much of a reason to buy a bridge like that today.

The Portola Parkway extension will start to be constructed shortly after the toll road bonds are paid off. Until then, pay that toll, Citizen.

My .02c

SGIP

Soylent Green Is People said:
The Irvine Company wouldn't have much to do with a Lake Forest/Laguna Hills extension. That's a Caltrans/LF/LH issue. Since it won't' be a freeway access point, not much of a reason to buy a bridge like that today.

The Portola Parkway extension will start to be constructed shortly after the toll road bonds are paid off. Until then, pay that toll citizen.

My .02c

SGIP

I saw something that says the Irvine Company would have to approve the extension first.

"Irvine and Lake Forest belong to regional transportation agencies and various issues impact both cities. Some time ago we asked about using the extension of Ridge Route near the 5 Freeway to turn it into a park or a parking area. But the plans to extend Ridge Route over the 5 Freeway and connect to the Laguna Hills extension have to be agreed to by the City of Irvine. Will Irvine vote for it?"
https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/mayors-conflict-interest

Bumping this thread.

The city of Anaheim has been planning to build Mountain Park for the past ten years, another new residential area of Anaheim Hills. The houses would look similar to Irvine's new neighborhoods. With this neighborhood finished, the city of Anaheim wants to extend Jamboree Road from Irvine Park/Santiago Canyon to Weir Canyon/Yorba Linda Boulevard. Do you think the Irvine Company would support it since they own the Irvine Park in Orange and the extension would go near the entrance to the park?

Also, I wonder when the cities of Yorba Linda and Corona would work together to extend La Palma Avenue to Green River Road in Corona. I'm sure a lot of traffic would direct off SR 91. Also, some people were wondering if the TCA and Irvine Company would support making the toll lanes move into the 91 toll lanes.

I would support the extension of Jamboree to Weir Canyon, but that gives more of a reason to direct drivers off SR 241.

Comments, thoughts, concerns, reply below!

Well, TIC is developing Santiago Canyon Hills II in the coming year and I would think the Jamboree extension would benefit that community too. 

lnc said:
Well, TIC is developing Santiago Canyon II in the coming year and I would think the Jamboree extension would benefit that community too.

So maybe then Anaheim can possibly develop its Mountain Park community. The next thing needed is an extension of La Palma Avenue to Corona somehow to get traffic off SR 91. With Foothill Parkway finished after 30 years of planning, Corona has a lot less traffic. Definitely providing alternate outlets like extending Gypsum Canyon to Jamboree and then Jamboree to  Weir Canyon would reduce traffic on Cannon Street in Orange and SR 55.

But if TIC is developing Santiago Canyon II, wouldn't the housing be in the city of Orange?

orangemo said:
lnc said:
Well, TIC is developing Santiago Canyon II in the coming year and I would think the Jamboree extension would benefit that community too.

So maybe then Anaheim can possibly develop its Mountain Park community. The next thing needed is an extension of La Palma Avenue to Corona somehow to get traffic off SR 91. With Foothill Parkway finished after 30 years of planning, Corona has a lot less traffic. Definitely providing alternate outlets like extending Gypsum Canyon to Jamboree and then Jamboree to  Weir Canyon would reduce traffic on Cannon Street in Orange and SR 55.

But if TIC is developing Santiago Canyon II, wouldn't the housing be in the city of Orange?

Your SN is orangemo. Does that mean you are from the city of Orange?

eyephone said:
orangemo said:
lnc said:

Your SN is orangemo. Does that mean you are from the city of Orange?

No.

orangemo said:

Sorry I remembered the name incorrectly, its called Santiago Hills II.  And yes, its located in the city of Orange and TIC is indeed developing it.  It is located next to the northern end of Jamboree and Irvine Regional Park and its the first TIC development outside of Irvine that I'm aware of. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15068.msg302642.html#msg302642

index.php

lnc said:
orangemo said:

Sorry I remembered the name incorrectly, its called Santiago Hills II.  And yes, its located in the city of Orange and TIC is indeed developing it.  It is located next to the northern end of Jamboree and Irvine Regional Park and its the first TIC development outside of Irvine that I'm aware of. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15068.msg302642.html#msg302642

index.php

I don't know if the Mountain Park project in Anaheim will be ever constructed because some of the land is reserved as open space. Extending Jamboree to Santa Ana Canyon via Gypsum Canyon Road would make more of a reason to draw drivers off SR 241.

What really matters right now is the extension of La Palma Avenue to Green River Road. Even if it is a 2 lane road, it is still better than none at all. I wonder if Yorba Linda and Corona will work together on it.

eyephone said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:
Kangen.Irvine said:
There is already a plan in place to merge the 241 into the 91 express lanes.

www.thetollroads.com/about/projects/241-91-connector

It doesn?t matter unless you live out there or you frequently go east. Do you?

I'd pay this toll for our employees who live in the IE. Their commute is hell these days.

Do you currently pay for their toll pass?

I've approved Fastrak reimbursements in the past, not sure if it's currently ongoing still

Also in Anaheim, in the planning since the 1970s, Fairmont Boulevard in Yorba Linda does not connect to the Anaheim section. Instead of drilling a tunnel through the Santa Ana Hills, I think Orange and Riverside counties should extend La Palma to Green River. This would take cars off SR 91 and the traffic would move a bit faster. But I know this might not happen due to environmental reasons. Also Jamboree should be extended from Orange to Anaheim in order to alleviate SR 241's bottleneck. This also might not happen due to environmental reasons. What's most important, however, is that Fastrak drivers should be able to hop on the 91 toll road from SR 241 (the regular ramp will still be there for one-time-tolls). SR 241 also won't be extended from Cow Camp Road to Interstate 5 any time soon.

orangemo said:
Also in Anaheim, in the planning since the 1970s, Fairmont Boulevard in Yorba Linda does not connect to the Anaheim section. Instead of drilling a tunnel through the Santa Ana Hills, I think Orange and Riverside counties should extend La Palma to Green River. This would take cars off SR 91 and the traffic would move a bit faster. But I know this might not happen due to environmental reasons. Also Jamboree should be extended from Orange to Anaheim in order to alleviate SR 241's bottleneck. This also might not happen due to environmental reasons. What's most important, however, is that Fastrak drivers should be able to hop on the 91 toll road from SR 241 (the regular ramp will still be there for one-time-tolls). SR 241 also won't be extended from Cow Camp Road to Interstate 5 any time soon.

Forget the environmental reasons. You will have Yorba Linda residents carrying pitch forks in protest if you extend La Palma to Green River. As for extending Jamboree Road, The Toll Road agency will block it due to loss of revenue.

Back