Home Cleaning Services

BubbleLiving

Hey guys,

Do you have any home cleaners you would recommend? Looking for someone to come on a monthly basis. Just need someone who does a good job and is reliable  ;)

A flyer gets dropped off at my house infrequently for a service called Tidy:

www.tidy.com

They don't seem to get good reviews on Yelp but I guess you have to read through them.

EDIT: Just read through their reviews... stick with Molly Maids (at least based on Yelp).

So the services are pretty uniform.  $200ish on a once a month gig will probably only get you about two hours of cleaning by two people, maybe only an hour and half..  I did a lot of calling around previously and the rate from the services initially is pretty consistent.  And unfortunately, most of them don't really seem interested in a once a month gig and all of them want to play the 'initial' cleaning BS.

Previously we've used Molly Maids, You've got Maids, and some others.  Saw the Tidy flyers but they seemed even more expensive than the other services.

Now we just cherry pick offers via email from services we've used before when they've got open spots that correspond to our availability. 

Alternatively, you could fish on care.com for a housecleaner looking for a side hussle.

Dang, $50/hour for a housecleaner?

I guess the services are raking it in while paying the actual laborers $15/hr?

We ended up hiring someone off of care.com that comes 3 times a week for 4 hours each time.  This was cheaper than weekly cleaning by a professional maid service.  Pros of having someone here for multiple days vs a once a week service is that the house is cleaner and organized more days, laundry gets done, and can get additional help like prepping vegetables.  Con is that 1 person isnt able to do a deep cleaning like a crew does and you might have to train or provide more guidance than hiring a cleaning company.  Those professional crews are trained and move fast.  Because they do the same thing all day, they know exactly what to look for and house feels cleaner when they come through.  Our friends do same us but throw in the professional cleaning crew once a quarter for a deep clean. 

Whoa 3 times a week! That's a lot but nice that they help with other housework. Ended up finding cleaners through a referral on NextDoor, much more reasonably priced than those professional maid services on Yelp.

Back