Faced with stagnant enrollment, Tustin Unified seeks to lure students

Interesting comments indeed - I have no first hand experience with TUSD but the comments seem to be coming from a bunch of white parents angry at increasing diversity in the school and fleeing to private schools instead .

fortune11 said:
Interesting comments indeed - I have no first hand experience with TUSD but the comments seem to be coming from a bunch of white parents angry at increasing diversity in the school and fleeing to private schools instead .

Dont confused a bunch of comments from a single poster with being a bunch of posters. 

WTTCHMN said:
Faced with stagnant enrollment, Tustin Unified seeks to lure students from other districts

Angela Huang of Irvine attended OCHSA in middle school and was set to go to a private school for high school. Then the family decided to transfer her from her home district, Irvine Unified, to Tustin High.
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/...-seeks-to-lure-students-from-other-districts/

I wonder if they did it to avoid the competitiveness of Irvine school district. Figured it should be easy to be valedictorian at Tustin High? I think it said her home school is Northwood High. I know a bunch of Chinese families who can afford it opting for private school too to avoid IUSD hypercompetitiveness.

fortune11 said:

What do they expect?
Its like going to an okay HS, but they want the same education like a top notch HS.

My approach: Do the best what you got.

irvinehomeowner said:
But Tustin Legacy is the new Irvine. :)

#qwertustinrules

Tustin Legacy is different from many parts of Tustin. (Tustin Ranch is good also)
It?s like you want to live in Hollywood Hills vs the regular Hollywood.

Back