It could be the dirt smell from the HOA gardening. I smell that all the time in WB area.
The only intersections I noticed bad smell was Harvard & Barranca and Harvard & University(Jeffrey). I don't really know why, but there is a real bad smell around there all the time.

Burn That Belly said:
Liar Loan said:
Burn That Belly said:
Liar Loan said:
Funny, I don't ever remember a new BMW smelling bad.

You mean Hyundai.

Now wait a second, I thought PS was in Irvine?

We started to get very specific by neighborhood.  ;D

Ok PS is the BMW 128i but I figured people prefer to be seen in the Hyundai Genesis.

PS is the Ford Fiesta

It's very strong whenever I'm driving the Toll Road after 9:00 PM. It's likely wind shifting at that time.

If they don't burn off the methane properly, imagine in 5-10 years when the landfill erupts like a volcano spewing hot rivers of fill in the blank flowing down hill towards Lambert Ranch et al.

Good times... gooood times..

My .02c

SGIP

In that case, do you believe it would only impact LR and not WB/SG(they are at lower elevation than LR)? My understanding of science would say--it would. 😄

Soylent Green Is People said:
It's very strong whenever I'm driving the Toll Road after 9:00 PM. It's likely wind shifting at that time.

If they don't burn off the methane properly, imagine in 5-10 years when the landfill erupts like a volcano spewing hot rivers of fill in the blank flowing down hill towards Lambert Ranch et al.

Good times... gooood times..

My .02c

SGIP

Addl ND replies

Hey All, have any of you
actually been to the landfill? I went a couple weeks ago, and it's a completely distinct smell from the evening smell everyone is talking about. I think that smell is from all the mulch that's on the ground. They have a biologist at the landfill, and they run a pretty tight ship. I would be very surprised if there's any air/water quality issue due to the trash.

You might be smelling all the mulch over by the nursery on irvine blvd. I smell it every time I drive by there. I?ve lived here in PS for 5 years now and have never smelt trash.

These landfill smell threads pop up all the time on Portola Springs next door.  Who cares as long as there?s 35-40% appreciation!

Do you mean to say that this response was "intentionally " removed? 😄

paperboyNC said:
Addl ND replies

Hey All, have any of you
actually been to the landfill? I went a couple weeks ago, and it's a completely distinct smell from the evening smell everyone is talking about. I think that smell is from all the mulch that's on the ground. They have a biologist at the landfill, and they run a pretty tight ship. I would be very surprised if there's any air/water quality issue due to the trash.

You might be smelling all the mulch over by the nursery on irvine blvd. I smell it every time I drive by there. I?ve lived here in PS for 5 years now and have never smelt trash.

Currently living in PS 3.  No foul smell, no noticeable pollution.  The sky is more clear and the air seems very fresh almost all the time even with all the construction in PS 5 and Altair.  PS is quite large so it depends which section and I heard Woodbrige is actually worse since the wind flows bad stuff there.  Who knows?  Whenever I drive down on Irvine Blvd down, I can tell clear the air is much better up in PS 3 area than the down central region.

yes, it does smell like mulch or fertilizer near Portola High but not foul trash or landfill smell... just my two cents

Back