Cheapest AYCE KBBQ in Irvine & nearby area?

momopi

Does anyone know what KBBQ restaurants in South OC has the lowest AYCE prices?  Was setting up a lunch outing with coworkers to I Can BBQ (Jeffery/Alton) but they balked at the $16.99 price.

momopi said:
Does anyone know what KBBQ restaurants in South OC has the lowest AYCE prices?  Was setting up a lunch outing with coworkers to I Can BBQ (Jeffery/Alton) but they balked at the $16.99 price.

Hah. That's low for Irvine.

And I don't think there are any KBBQs in South OC (I was actually looking for one last week).

Unfortunately Garden Grove would be too far.  I was looking at I can BBQ by Alton & Jeffery or Korea House by University (Jeffery) & Michelson, both offer lunch all you can eat KBBQ for about $16-$17 and not too far to drive from Spectrum area.

Good or bad thing about Seoul Garden is you get up to get all your stuff.

Korea House service isn't very good. We go there because it's less crowded than Shik, but I guess that's the reason why.

I don't think you'll find any South OC AYCE KBBQ at all, the red markers in Yelp disappear south of I Can BBQ.

A couple years back there were still $9.95 AYCE KBBQ places, but most have raised their prices.  Red Castle (formally flower pig) was $10 but is now $11.99.  Red Palace also charge $11.99 AYCE for dinner here in Cerritos.

Fortunately beef prices at Stater Bros is still very good.  Bone-in ribeye for $6/lb when on sale.

momopi said:
A couple years back there were still $9.95 AYCE KBBQ places, but most have raised their prices.  Red Castle (formally flower pig) was $10 but is now $11.99.  Red Palace also charge $11.99 AYCE for dinner here in Cerritos.

Fortunately beef prices at Stater Bros is still very good.  Bone-in ribeye for $6/lb when on sale.

Costco selling Bulgogi for like $4.99 lb.

lovingit said:
I recall Shik limiting to one Galbi per person.  I never went back.

When was that? Shik has non-AYCE options where you just order a combination of meats.

I don't think this limitation is on their AYCE options (Shik has multiple ones depending on what meats you want, I think their cheapest is weekday lunch for $14.99).

Back