Midterm Elections

eyephone

I guess the saying goes, If you can?t stand the heat get out the kitchen. There are many people in congressman that are not running for re-election.

Two Southern California GOP congressman announced they will retire.

Ed Royce, GOP house foreign affairs Chairman, announced he will retire. (His district north Orange County, eastern LA County, Southwest San Bernardino.)

Darrell Issa, a long time Republican announced he will retire. (His district is south OC and western SD.)

Eight months is an eternity in political time.  Might as well be 8 years away.  Anger can be a fleeting emotion.

?Backing Down to the Parkland Kids Won?t Save the GOP

As Senator Marco Rubio learned last night at a CNN forum with Parkland students and others, the only way to survive such evenings ? after being pilloried and subjected to catcalls for refusing to ban assault weapons or stop taking contributions from the NRA ? is to pledge to rethink measures one previously opposed, such as banning various gun magazines or raising the age for legally purchasing a weapon. But if he thinks doing so will get him or his party out of the crosshairs of a movement engaged in demagoguery aimed at shaming opponents, he?s kidding himself.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...s-gun-control-backing-down-wont-save-gop/amp/

Future campaign ad:
Most of us care of about the safety for our kids. Does the GOP care?

?New Pennsylvania map gives Democrats big boost in midterms

Democrats? hopes of winning the House this fall got a boost Monday with the release of a new congressional-district map in Pennsylvania that could help the party pick up several seats in the battleground state.

Under the previous map, drawn by a Republican Legislature in 2011 and approved by the then-Republican governor, Republicans won 13 of the state's 18 congressional districts in 2016, when President Donald Trump carried 12 of the 18 districts.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...sylvania-redistrict-democrats-midterms-354432

"And Conor Lamb: Lamb the Sham, Lamb the Sham - he?s trying to act like a Republican so he gets?he won?t give me one vote. Look, I don?t know him. Looks like a nice guy.

"I hear he?s nice-looking. I think I?m better-looking than him. I do. I do. I do. And he?s slightly younger than me. Slightly. No, I heard that, then I saw, he?s okay. He?s all right. Personally, I like Rick . I think he?s handsome."
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...conor-lamb-trump-tells-pa-rally-gop-candidate

My comment: Trump politics, if a person is nice/good looking then that person should win? If that?s the case Rick the GOP candidate should loose? I think Trump shouldn?t have said anything, now that thought is in people?s mind. (the thought: the good looking person must be a better politician?) lol

This could really shake things up for the midterm elections...

GOP Senator: It Looks Like We'll Have a SCOTUS Vacancy This Year
This is intriguing stuff from Nevada's Dean Heller, the incumbent Senate Republican who Democrats are most bullish about replacing this November -- in a state Trump lost by nearly three points to Hillary Clinton last cycle.  Many observers are framing this comment as a mere prediction, but is it?  Here's what he told a legal group in Las Vegas on Friday:

?Kennedy is going to retire around sometime early summer,? Heller predicted in Las Vegas last week, according to audio of an event he spoke at that was obtained by POLITICO. ?Which I?m hoping will get our base a little motivated because right now they?re not very motivated. But I think a new Supreme Court justice will get them motivated.?

Justice Anthony Kennedy's departure from the Court after either last session or the current session has been the subject of heavy rumors for some time, including some whispers that I heard and relayed roughly a year ago:

I had a lengthy chat with someone with unique ties to the Supreme Court over the weekend.  Based on that discussion, I believe Cruz isn't just blowing smoke; a fresh retirement may very well be announced as soon as this coming summer.  For what it's worth, the whispers involve a (sometimes) right-leaning justice who is widely seen as the remaining "swing vote," and who will turn 81 years old in July.

I wrote that in response to public speculation from Ted Cruz that a Supreme Court opening may have been imminent early last summer. My well-placed source said that scenario was entirely possible, but added that the timetable could extend into 2018. And here we are now.  For what it's worth, I recently had a chat with two uber-connected Senate sources who stated that Kennedy -- who is now pushing 82 -- wants to be replaced by a GOP president, has been impressed with most of Trump's judicial selections thus far, and understands the dynamics and uncertainty surrounding control of the US Senate.  My understanding from those discussions is that a Kennedy retirement was probable this year, and that the narrow Republican Senate majority would act swiftly to install Kennedy's replacement prior to the midterm elections. 

Let's say that all plays out exactly as suggested.  Would GOP voters be fired up to vote if the SCOTUS fight is already over by election day?  I suspect that a high-stakes battle over the judiciary, which are very partisan and ideological exercises, would underscore the importance of the upcoming elections.  It may not be a silver bullet to counteract heavy Democratic enthusiasm, but it would re-engage the GOP base in an unique way.  Remember, passion over the future of the Court was a decisive factor in Trump's upset victory over Mrs. Clinton in 2016.  Either way, it's possible that Heller was saying something that he hopes is true.  But there are non-insubstantial reasons to believe that he was sharing an insight he's gleaned from people in the know.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...to-have-a-scotus-vacancy-this-summer-n2459306

If CNN cannot deny economic reality, how can the electorate ignore it too?

Trump administration is helping a lost generation of workers recover

(CNN)According to the latest jobs numbers released by the Labor Department on Friday, something wonderful is happening: Americans are reentering the labor force, growing the size of the labor market at rates not seen for over 15 years.

So let's hope Friday's good news on jobs and labor participation portends a reversal of a bad trend -- Americans not working or looking for work. The prime age (25-54) labor participation rate sits at 82.2%, a number not seen since a swoon in this metric began in 2010 and after a slow and steady increase since December 2016.
Recovering this generation of lost workers and helping them forge productive lives for themselves, their families and their communities would be one of the best possible outcomes of the Trump presidency.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/opinions/trump-jobs-report-is-good-news-for-labor-participation-jennings-opinion/index.html

morekaos said:
If CNN cannot deny economic reality, how can the electorate ignore it too?

Trump administration is helping a lost generation of workers recover

(CNN)According to the latest jobs numbers released by the Labor Department on Friday, something wonderful is happening: Americans are reentering the labor force, growing the size of the labor market at rates not seen for over 15 years.

So let's hope Friday's good news on jobs and labor participation portends a reversal of a bad trend -- Americans not working or looking for work. The prime age (25-54) labor participation rate sits at 82.2%, a number not seen since a swoon in this metric began in 2010 and after a slow and steady increase since December 2016.
Recovering this generation of lost workers and helping them forge productive lives for themselves, their families and their communities would be one of the best possible outcomes of the Trump presidency.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/opinions/trump-jobs-report-is-good-news-for-labor-participation-jennings-opinion/index.html

It's a opinion piece.  It's funny that CNN is perceived by the Trumpsters as this bastion of leftist media.

Tell that to US Steelworkers unions...

United Steelworkers' Leo Gerard: Members Won't Forget What Trump Did, He Stopped Wealth Transfer

In an interview with a combative Chuck Todd, Leo Gerard, President of the United Steelworks, praised the effect of President Trump's newly proclaimed tariffs would have on the U.S. steel market. Gerard praised Trump for making it clear he is going to "tackle trade deficits" which he called a "wealth transfer" because they are "taking good jobs away."

Gerard said Trump was able to "see the steelworker agenda" and "he's going to have a major impact on our members" with what he has done.

"It's going to make it very hard for our members to ignore what he just did and what makes me sad is we've been trying to get Democrats to this for more than 30 years," Gerard told Todd.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...hat_trump_did_he_stopped_wealth_transfer.html

eyephone said:
"And Conor Lamb: Lamb the Sham, Lamb the Sham - he?s trying to act like a Republican so he gets?he won?t give me one vote. Look, I don?t know him. Looks like a nice guy.

"I hear he?s nice-looking. I think I?m better-looking than him. I do. I do. I do. And he?s slightly younger than me. Slightly. No, I heard that, then I saw, he?s okay. He?s all right. Personally, I like Rick . I think he?s handsome."
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...conor-lamb-trump-tells-pa-rally-gop-candidate

My comment: Trump politics, if a person is nice/good looking then that person should win? If that?s the case Rick the GOP candidate should loose? I think Trump shouldn?t have said anything, now that thought is in people?s mind. (the thought: the good looking person must be a better politician?) lol

Really Unbelievable!!
Looks like Lamb wins the congressional seat in Pennsylvania.

Trump won that area by around 20% during the presidential elections.
President Trump and Donald Jr went campaigning for Rick Saccone.

eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Really Unbelievable!!
Looks like Lamb wins the congressional seat in Pennsylvania.

Trump won that are by around 20% during the presidential elections.
President Trump and Donald Jr went campaigning for Rick Saccone.

Looks like this country of ours still has a pulse

the democrat swung a Trump +20 district in his favor

and it is 97% or so white -- so repubs cant even claim foul play (after all only brown and black people commit voter fraud , right)

As I have been saying for a while -- less chest thumping and more focus on actual results ...

Back