is it a good time to get Marin?

Check around the house near the sale office, I estimate about 40% of them are cash buyers from Asia. Had to say what will happen if these guys decide to leave if they found themselves just move from China to another China.

bluesmaster said:
Check around the house near the sale office, I estimate about 40% of them are cash buyers from Asia. Had to say what will happen if these guys decide to leave if they found themselves just move from China to another China.

This is actually a positive to have many Chinese neighbors. They often buy here for their kids and if it's full of Asian families that is even better. It's all the best things about China without the smog and congestion so win win

bluesmaster said:
I estimate about 40% of them are cash buyers from Asia.

newtoirvine2017 said:
This is actually a positive to have many Chinese neighbors. They often buy here for their kids and if it's full of Asian families that is even better. It's all the best things about China without the smog and congestion so win win

Whether it's preferable or not to buy in a neighborhood with 40% Chinese immigrant purchased houses comes down to preference.

Just to give another opinion here, as someone who grew up in Irvine, I would actually prefer to live in a neighborhood in which the majority of homeowners have a strong grasp on the local language, share local values, follow local customs, and work jobs that support the local and/or regional economy.  I find it easier to connect with those kinds of adults and believe my children would have an easier time making connections with their children.

I've found the newly immigrant Chinese neighbors generally do not integrate with American locals.  I doubt anyone means offense by it, but that's just how it goes.

As for OP's original question, no one knows what prices will do in the near term.  If Marin satisfies more of your home buying criteria than any other product, you can afford it, and you plan to live there for 7-10 years, then it is likely a good time to buy at Marin.

someguy said:
bluesmaster said:
I estimate about 40% of them are cash buyers from Asia.

newtoirvine2017 said:

Whether it's preferable or not to buy in a neighborhood with 40% Chinese immigrant purchased houses comes down to preference.

Just to give another opinion here, as someone who grew up in Irvine, I would actually prefer to live in a neighborhood in which the majority of homeowners have a strong grasp on the local language, share local values, follow local customs, and work jobs that support the local and/or regional economy.  I find it easier to connect with those kinds of adults and believe my children would have an easier time making connections with their children.

I've found the newly immigrant Chinese neighbors generally do not integrate with American locals.  I doubt anyone means offense by it, but that's just how it goes.

As for OP's original question, no one knows what prices will do in the near term.  If Marin satisfies more of your home buying criteria than any other product, you can afford it, and you plan to live there for 7-10 years, then it is likely a good time to buy at Marin.

In my experience, its true about recent (Chinese and other) immigrants in Irvine not integrating well with English speaking locals (of any race). Its probably a language barrier issue more than anything else.  Generally true of immigrants of all races and cultures--easier to bond with people you can actually talk to and share a common culture with!  Their kids, however, who grow up in the U.S. do generally assimilate/integrate quite well.  There's plenty of those kinds of Asians in Irvine as well. I haven't had any problems relating to the Americanized/assimilated ones. You can usually tell pretty easily who they are by their mannerisms.

I don't think the child(ren) of the cash buyers is going to stay in Irvine after 18 years old. Most of them will return China to take care of their family business since they are the only child of their parent. Thinking about this 1 million house may be the only 1% of their total assets.
That is why they don't want to/have to consolidate with the community. Actually the local people cannot give them what they want besides the clean air and the pure English education.

Back