Altair versus Reserve at Orchard Hills

Altair has nicer homes with the Toll bros offerings. Higher MRs.

Much nicer floor plans at Altair but not sure it will beat the Reserve in terms of appreciation.  Reserve location definitely wins, it?s beautiful and quiet up there.  Sometimes I wonder why they didn?t put some new floor plans there as they would probably sell better.  I guess many don?t care.

Regarding to the OH Reserve, the larger but even more expensive homes with better floor plans are coming from different builders after these IP collection are near sold out. 

These larger homes located at higher elevations within the Reserve are probably going to the most desirable home on this side of Irvine. 

lnc said:
Regarding to the OH Reserve, the larger but even more expensive homes with better floor plans are coming from different builders after these IP collection are near sold out. 

These larger homes located at higher elevations within the Reserve are probably going to the most desirable home on this side of Irvine.

Curious where you heard this.  The last I was told IP actually intends to build these larger homes (perhaps not all of them) at higher elevations as well.  I can't imagine they would forego the profit margins and sell every one of these lots off.

brianlin87 said:
lnc said:

Curious where you heard this.  The last I was told IP actually intends to build these larger homes (perhaps not all of them) at higher elevations as well.  I can't imagine they would forego the profit margins and sell every one of these lots off.

This is just my speculation since IP has never build anything larger than Terra/Belevedere, and just like what TIC have done in Eastwood and Stonegate, they leave the larger and more expensive homes to other builders and only build the entry to mid level products themselves. 

And regarding to miss profit opportunities, even TIC don't sell and build these larger homes themselves, they still make a huge profit by selling the lot to these other builders.

Actually in TIC's case, the profit margin might be higher from selling a lot than these builders selling a home.  (FYI, the lot at Alta Vista and Bella Vista are over $1m each, and builder are restricted to 10-20% profit margin on base price of the home, excluding upgrade and lot premium)

lnc said:
brianlin87 said:
lnc said:

This is just my speculation since IP has never build anything larger than Terra/Belevedere, and just like what TIC have done in Eastwood and Stonegate, they leave the larger and more expensive homes to other builders and only build the entry to mid level products themselves. 

And regarding to miss profit opportunities, even TIC don't sell and build these larger homes themselves, they still make a huge profit by selling the lot to these other builders.

Actually in TIC's case, the profit margin might be higher from selling a lot than these builders selling a home.  (FYI, the lot at Alta Vista and Bella Vista are over $1m each, and builder are restricted to 10-20% profit margin on base price of the home, excluding upgrade and lot premium)

Interesting.  My perspective, from working in the land development/working with home builders for over the last decade, is that I can say for certain the fee builders that build on behalf of IP have built homes far larger than the offerings of Terra/Belvedere. 

As for the profit margin, it's very subjective to the timing/location of the actual land purchase since no two deals are ever the same; however, I will say that TIC has changed their mentality over the last couple years from new direction in their leadership.

Many different builders are creating new, better, and effective floor plans which are quite expensive considering the OH reserve. In the near future, people will choose and love to buy houses constructed at higher elevations inside the Reserve in Irvine.

My friend who bought in the Groves was discussing with his friend who bought in Altair which one is will be more desirable in the long run.  Both bought homes around $1.3m.  Altair owner said his location to the great park plus the IUSD is better.  The Grove owner said his lower MR and higher elevation and proximity to OH school (now K-8), even though it is TUSD, will be better. 

Burn That Belly said:
lovingit said:
My friend who bought in the Groves was discussing with his friend who bought in Altair which one is will be more desirable in the long run.  Both bought homes around $1.3m.  Altair owner said his location to the great park plus the IUSD is better.  The Grove owner said his lower MR and higher elevation and proximity to OH school (now K-8), even though it is TUSD, will be better.

Ask a BMW M3 owner and he?ll say the BMW is better. Ask a Audi RS4 owner and he?ll say his Audi will eat the M3 for lunch.  Oh the madness.

In that regard, the Audi owner is delusional. =X

Back