LOL GOP

Irvinecommuter

I thought the tax plan was going to make everything okay!

There are no other Republicans currently declared for his seat and it is unclear who will run from the GOP. His retirement is expected to buoy Democrats chances of winning the district this year.

?This is really bad news for California Republicans,? said Raphael Sonenshein, executive director of CSU Los Angeles? Pat Brown Institute of Public Affairs. :Great danger in potential wave election is retirement of incumbents.  Incumbency is a way to resist the wave.?
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/08/ed-royce-longtime-o-c-congressman-plans-to-retire/

Trump was elected to smash the establishment, and this wave of GOP retirements shows that he is over-achieving in this endeavor as well.  Even Paul Ryan is expected to step down.

Like I?ve said in the other threads, California is run by one party so a loss of a Republican seat here is irrelevant. Republicans are impotent in this state so losing a seat literally doesn?t matter. On the national level the GOP gave up on this state years ago, no one even campaigns here during elections, so I?ll say again, who cares?

It is simple math -- California losses can flip the House .  At which point Democrats will control one branch of government , enough to block any more of the " winning. " agenda.  And also make sure investigations into this doofus of a president (oh, I am sorry , I should have said " Stable Genius" ) are properly conducted.

This is whats coming and whether you want to credit him or not for it...he will take credit.  We will not lose the house or senate in the next election. Watch, and gasp in horror.

Get Ready for Economic Liftoff
A record-setting stock market is just one of the big effects Trump's policies are having.

The supposedly smart people said Donald Trump would destroy the U.S. economy if he were elected president.

They were wrong. On Thursday, the Dow broke 25,000 for the first time in its history ? a meaningful expression of investor confidence in the future. Trump's policies of deregulation, which have been moving ahead at full steam even before the tax cut bill passed just before Christmas, have helped push the stock market up by a third which, economist Arthur Laffer estimates, works about to about a $6 trillion increase in the nation's net wealth.

That may not be historic ? there may be periods in which wealth has increased at a faster rate ? but it sure is impressive. Especially since the same smart people who've been telling us Trump would wreck the economy spent the Obama years explaining annual growth at less than 3 percent (and likely closer to 2) was the new normal.

It's still a little early to proclaim "happy days are here again" but, as the Magic 8 Ball puts it, "all signs point to 'Yes'" as far as whether there will be a period of protracted economic growth. That means jobs are coming and coming back as businesses expand, and it means greater opportunity for all Americans, not just the wealthiest, who, the so-called smart people are trying to get us to believe in a feverish effort to take the bloom off the rosy projections, are the only ones who are benefiting from this return to prosperity.

As of now, the Trump tax cuts are only partly priced into the system. This week's good news is a result of what's been done in the regulatory arena and, coupled with the expectation of the new corporate income tax rate, which Congress set at 21 percent, is going to produce a business expansion that might allow things to really take off.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thomas-jefferson-street/articles/2018-01-05/dow-25-000-shows-trump-policies-are-inspiring-an-economic-liftoff

morekaos said:
Like I?ve said in the other threads, California is run by one party so a loss of a Republican seat here is irrelevant. Republicans are impotent in this state so losing a seat literally doesn?t matter. On the national level the GOP gave up on this state years ago, no one even campaigns here during elections, so I?ll say again, who cares?

California had Republican politicians?  I had no idea. As you can see, my "cares" level was a bit low.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
morekaos said:

California had Republican politicians?  I had no idea. As you can see, my "cares" level was a bit low.  haha

14 in the house right now...losing several more after 2018.  Always good to ignore 14% of the GDP and 12% of the population.

But to the GOP we are dead to them.  With the exception of taking our taxes this state is a total bust.  Hell even the Dems ignore us unless they need some money.  Elections strategies are mapped with California on the outside.  That kind of predictability takes away significant power when it comes to influencing elections.

morekaos said:
But to the GOP we are dead to them.  With the exception of taking our taxes this state is a total bust.  Hell even the Dems ignore us unless they need some money.  Elections strategies are mapped with California on the outside.  That kind of predictability takes away significant power when it comes to influencing elections.

Well...when GOP loses their 14 congressional seats.  They will need to gerrymander/voter fraud those somewhere else.

Only reasons why GOP is still in power in the House. 

We are not going to lose all 14 seats in Cali,  hell. we aren't even gonna lose control of the house in general so this conversation will be moot.

Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
morekaos said:

14 in the house right now...losing several more after 2018.  Always good to ignore 14% of the GDP and 12% of the population.

Well thats the thing ... some people want all the benefits  of being in California - job opportunities, rich client base for real estate, diverse and interesting food scene, diverse and interesting recreation/entertainment, diverse and interesting people -- without footing any of the bill and also supporting the policies of an administration that go against the very core values that make California tick . 

The current Democratic Party in CA is somewhat farther left compared to the 90s and 00s, but there are some reformers in there .  Nonetheless given the choice between these Dems and the GOP ers who want to raise Federal taxes on the very people they represent, I would rather choose the Dems. 

Here is an interesting map of US voting population that puts things in perspective. Each figure represents 250,000 voters

Attachments

• DTCQLLrWsAs_AUY.jpg
    DTCQLLrWsAs_AUY.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 147
fortune11 said:
The current Democratic Party in CA is somewhat farther left compared to the 90s and 00s, but there are some reformers in there .  Nonetheless given the choice between these Dems and the GOP ers who want to raise Federal taxes on the very people they represent, I would rather choose the Dems. 

The GOP just lowered taxes less than a month ago and Dems did not support it, preferring the higher taxes instead.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but the math is irrefutable.

I guess this doesn't matter either.

Washington (CNN)California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa will retire at the end of his term, he announced Wednesday.

Issa, one of the wealthiest members of Congress and among the best-known due to his reputation as a conservative attack dog, is bowing out of what would have been one of the nation's most hotly contested congressional races.

He told reporters Wednesday as he left the House floor that "it was time," but that he plans to stay involved in politics and spend his own money helping Republicans.

"I'm going to be 65 and happily looking forward to doing other things," Issa said. "I intend on staying very involved in both contributing my time and money because I believe in the issues I came here 18 years ago so there's nothing changing."
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/polit...can-darrell-issa-retiring-congress/index.html

Back