Author Topic: What's my best bet for a home in Irvine under $600k?  (Read 2428 times)

Offline paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 31
  • -Received: 70
Re: What's my best bet for a home in Irvine under $600k?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 09:33:59 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks for the info! We're definitely open to an SFR/detached condo in a non-Irvine, south O.C. city, however we do not want to go toofar south because my wife works in North O.C. We are actually sort of considering Rancho Mission Viejo since the value is still pretty good down there (for a new home), however it would literally be a 30 mile commute for my wife.
[/quote]

That 30 mile commute from RSM to North OC will be painful.  I'm guessing it's at least 60 minutes each way in rush hour traffic. 

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 196
  • -Received: 463
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 09:59:33 PM »
Thank you for your input everyone. I think my wife and I are going to try and stretch our budget a bit and try to get one of the new 3 bedroom townhomes at Brisa in Portola Springs. Their grand opening is next week so hopefully we can get in on one of the early phases.

Do you have to buy in Irvine?  The HOA and mello roose on new build attached homes tend to be high.  If you can accept an older SFR in nearby city such as Mission Viejo, you might be able to afford something up to $700K for the same monthly payment.  Examples:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/24142-Sprig-St-92691/home/4841346
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/22536-La-Vina-Dr-92691/home/5083776

There are some SFR's priced from high 500K to 700k in MV on the market.  They tend to have very low HOA and if not part of lake membership, you have option to join.

Thanks for the info! We're definitely open to an SFR/detached condo in a non-Irvine, south O.C. city, however we do not want to go toofar south because my wife works in North O.C. We are actually sort of considering Rancho Mission Viejo since the value is still pretty good down there (for a new home), however it would literally be a 30 mile commute for my wife.

Maybe you should look in north OC area. Los Alamitos/Rossmore, Cerritos, good part of Fullerton.

Just remember you have a $600k budget scratch the Los Alamitos/Rossmore from the list.

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 543
  • -Received: 270
  • Congrats to Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo wedding
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 03:30:13 PM »
Thank you for your input everyone. I think my wife and I are going to try and stretch our budget a bit and try to get one of the new 3 bedroom townhomes at Brisa in Portola Springs. Their grand opening is next week so hopefully we can get in on one of the early phases.

Do you have to buy in Irvine?  The HOA and mello roose on new build attached homes tend to be high.  If you can accept an older SFR in nearby city such as Mission Viejo, you might be able to afford something up to $700K for the same monthly payment.  Examples:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/24142-Sprig-St-92691/home/4841346
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/22536-La-Vina-Dr-92691/home/5083776

There are some SFR's priced from high 500K to 700k in MV on the market.  They tend to have very low HOA and if not part of lake membership, you have option to join.

What city does your wife work in?  From Rancho MV you can board the train at San Juan Capistrano station:
https://www.metrolinktrains.com/rider-info/general-info/stations/san-juan-capistrano/

However since these are new builds, I would be wary of high HOA and mello roose.

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 543
  • -Received: 270
  • Congrats to Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo wedding
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 03:37:58 PM »
Maybe you should look in north OC area. Los Alamitos/Rossmore, Cerritos, good part of Fullerton.
Just remember you have a $600k budget scratch the Los Alamitos/Rossmore from the list.

For Cerritos you'll need $800K+, Rossmore $1 Million+.  La Palma is still avail in 700K-800K range.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Los Olivos Village by lnc
[Today at 11:06:26 AM]

Re: Pay your 2nd half property taxes this month for tax savings (Congress tax plan) by OCLuvr
[Today at 11:04:13 AM]

Los Olivos Village by lnc
[Today at 11:03:13 AM]

Re: President Trump by fortune11
[Today at 08:27:34 AM]

Re: Tax Bill: by qwerty
[Today at 06:29:10 AM]