Refrigerator water and ice maker

emf1315

Hi all,

Our refrigerator has been kept off in storage for a 18 months while we were living in a rental.  Now,  we're planning to use this fridge again in our new home.  I'm worried about possible mold issues with the water lines, housing, and/or dispenser.  Any ideas on how to clean or replace the whole water and ice dispenser system? 

The online appliance repair part places usually have youtube videos on disassembling the various parts of the fridge.  You'll probably have to remove the back to get to the lines, and the icemaker would come out the front.  My RO system manual just says to put a teaspoon of bleach into the line once a year and flush it with a couple of gallons of water.  I guess for the icemaker you could make a gallon's worth of ice before using it.  Disinfect them one at a time.

I never buy refrigerators with water dispensers. I know I?m not going to clean it properly and there is always the chance of the a leak. But most importantly I don?t care for the look. Prefer the clean stainless steel look.

Back