Daycares

CAL

What daycares in Irvine or Tustin do you recommend for infants (1-2 yr old)? What curriculum is offered and what specifically do you like and don't like about it? What's the average cost?

CAL said:
What daycares in Irvine or Tustin do you recommend for infants (1-2 yr old)? What curriculum is offered and what specifically do you like and don't like about it? What's the average cost?

What are you looing for in a daycare? At 1-2 years there isn't much of a "curriculum" other than socializing with other toddlers. You will probably end up paying somewhere around $1500-$2000/mo if you are doing full time five days a week.

Do you have any preferences for Montessori schools or non-Montessori schools? Montessori schools have dominated most of Irvine and it's a great program. If you're looking for Montessori schools, certain schools will as young as 4-6 months old. You can check out a new Montessori school, Great Foundation, located in Tustin Legacy.

For that age, I think the best is Turtle Rock Preschool, but they usually have 1-2 years of waiting list. For a quality place in general, there are long waiting lists. I know moms that are on the waiting list the day they found out they are pregnant. There are more spaces available once the child is 3.

melodypowell said:
For that age, I think the best is Turtle Rock Preschool, but they usually have 1-2 years of waiting list. For a quality place in general, there are long waiting lists. I know moms that are on the waiting list the day they found out they are pregnant. There are more spaces available once the child is 3.

They may well be the best but their business practices are beyond sheisty. They asked for a $100 non refundable deposit for my child to have the ?privilege? to be on their waitlist.  After going through the 2 year wait and interviews they said ?Sorry we don?t have space for your child.?  This isn?t an Ivy League school - being on a waitlist doesn?t justify a $100 fee.  They then had the gall to say we could be on the waitlist again for next year - another $100 of course.  If they are looking for handouts or donations, just say so...

Back