Altair is selling like crazy, their taxes are so high

bammers10

I hear Altair is selling like crazy and I don't get it.  Why is that?  Their taxes are so high and their prices are not that great...

bammers10 said:
I hear Altair is selling like crazy and I don't get it.  Why is that?  Their taxes are so high and their prices are not that great...

Gated. Nice builds. Good plan. They got money.

What?s not to get?

Met a few who bought there as it's the only gated option zoned to the great park K-8 schools.

I'm sure that's not the only reason. Plenty of $$$ folks who like the community design and floor plan offerings.

Visited Altair today, toured Alara.  They did Altair right by not mixing small homes into the community, so, all neighbors would be in similar price range.  (unlike other TIC developments, making all sizes available in the same community, and max out potential buyer pool)

Very nice designs, secondary bedrooms are on the smaller side.  Lots of hallway space and created that spacious home feeling, but also at the cost to the square footage.

Model home backyards are not deep, but very well designed.  Not sure how that would change once the house behind is built.

The sales process here is the worst.  Many people including myself were interested in a lot in newly released phase of Alara.  Completed pre qual app and was never notified that they had a silent bid.  Horrible. 

Amggts said:
The sales process here is the worst.  Many people including myself were interested in a lot in newly released phase of Alara.  Completed pre qual app and was never notified that they had a silent bid.  Horrible. 

With Toll or Lennar homes?

Toll.  We were not even notified for the silent bid.  On top of that the sales person Patricia Gilbert called me last week to tell me there was 4 people interested in same lot so she had to talk to manager and get back to me.  Offered to pay cash- guess that was not enough.  Never heard back from her.  Inquired after I saw the website that there was a deposit yesterday.  She had the balls to email back to tell me about the silent bid.  F?d up.

Amggts said:
Toll.  We were not even notified for the silent bid.  On top of that the sales person Patricia Gilbert called me last week to tell me there was 4 people interested in same lot so she had to talk to manager and get back to me.  Offered to pay cash- guess that was not enough.  Never heard back from her.  Inquired after I saw the website that there was a deposit yesterday.  She had the balls to email back to tell me about the silent bid.  F?d up.

There is NO way to fight "elevated cash offers", i wouldn't waste my time on such deals and feel your frustration.

It is not exactly high ethics business -building and selling homes. Think of all family and friends of the builder, sales staff, management that has $$$ to park. Putting them in front of the line earns huge browny points or returns favors that were owed.

I see it all the time, early phases, premium lots etc. is gone before anyone knows they are up for sale.

Back