Irvine to sue Orange County over its Great Park condo, retail development plan

eyephone said:
WTTCHMN said:
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/1...its-great-park-condo-retail-development-plan/

Choose this or homeless shelter.

Yup.  And in both cases street and FWY access sucks. 

Almost like OC needs another major freeway artery similar to the 5 and 405 that goes up to LA and down to SD. 
Warning: Armchair Analysis of something I have zero bout:
Another major artery along northern edge would tremendously help traffic if done right (i.e. gets a lot of north county traffic, lots of good exits that don't dump on the exact same streets, and stretches all the way through OC so it just doesn't cause another junction clog).  The 241 if expanded to have another leg that passes all the way to LA, and made free could really help to resolve this.  The other bigger problem is where you going to find the land and build any extension on the 241 - it'd be law suits all day long from everyone.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
The 241 if expanded to have another leg that passes all the way to LA, and made free could really help to resolve this. 

That will never happen.  They are adding toll lanes to other freeways that were previously free and already paid for by taxpayers.

Upkeep isn't free and the gas tax has never kept pace with inflation. From a libertarian perspective, user fees are the best way to fund infrastructure.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
eyephone said:
WTTCHMN said:
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/1...its-great-park-condo-retail-development-plan/

Choose this or homeless shelter.

Yup.  And in both cases street and FWY access sucks. 

Almost like OC needs another major freeway artery similar to the 5 and 405 that goes up to LA and down to SD. 
Warning: Armchair Analysis of something I have zero bout:
Another major artery along northern edge would tremendously help traffic if done right (i.e. gets a lot of north county traffic, lots of good exits that don't dump on the exact same streets, and stretches all the way through OC so it just doesn't cause another junction clog).  The 241 if expanded to have another leg that passes all the way to LA, and made free could really help to resolve this.  The other bigger problem is where you going to find the land and build any extension on the 241 - it'd be law suits all day long from everyone.

It's supposed to be the 133/241  but toll roads suck.

Back