New home flooring costs

Rizdak

Hey all. How much would you estimate $ for mid-tier carpet and wood flooring in a new construction? Either as a range, or $ / sq ft. I'm thinking about a new home that I'd want to upgrade ~600 sq. ft of carpet and ~1000 sq. ft. hardwood. Trying to estimate my whole 'options' budget before blowing it all on frosted cabinet doors and soft-close drawers.

Thanks a lot in advance. 

Id say 10 to 12/sqft engineered wood and 3 to 5/sqft for carpet.  Builder will be more expensive.

brutepunk said:
i had a contractor quote me 3.5/sq ft for hardwood floors, that's just labor cost

That sounds about right...should be $3-$4/sf for materials (glue mainly) and labor plus the cost of the wood flooring.

Rizdak said:
Hey all. How much would you estimate $ for mid-tier carpet and wood flooring in a new construction? Either as a range, or $ / sq ft. I'm thinking about a new home that I'd want to upgrade ~600 sq. ft of carpet and ~1000 sq. ft. hardwood. Trying to estimate my whole 'options' budget before blowing it all on frosted cabinet doors and soft-close drawers.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I had the same question a while back because the builder didn't provide flooring prices until my meeting at the design center and my wife and I had allotted ourselves a budget for upgrades.  We ended up going with wood like laminate and a midgrade carpet upgrades.  1750 square feet, about 50/50 and it cost $9,380 to upgrade the flooring.  The builder is providing a $3k flooring credit off this; which is one reason we decided to go this route. Hope this helps from a cost standpoint of builder installed "upgrades".

Back