Not Much New Listings under $1 million for a house?

junodragon

Hi,
I'm looking to move to Irvine and our budget is under $1 million, preferably around $900K-$950K, at least 4 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms+loft, but it has to be a house, not a condo. I know all the current listings out there on the MLS now. Fort Sumter, Blackfin, and Magnolia all pending within a week. Does anyone know of any new listings coming out? Please share if possible! Thanks!

junodragon said:
Hi,
I'm looking to move to Irvine and our budget is under $1 million, preferably around $900K-$950K, at least 4 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms+loft, but it has to be a house, not a condo. I know all the current listings out there on the MLS now. Fort Sumter, Blackfin, and Magnolia all pending within a week. Does anyone know of any new listings coming out? Please share if possible! Thanks!

The SFR $1M price point ship has sailed for now.  That range will only get you a detached condo if you don't mind the label. 

I don't think the price point has sailed. I'm also mainly looking for no Mello Roos, so mainly older houses, not new development. It seems like the market was much hotter in the summer. Alot of houses in College Park, Northwood, Greentree fit our criteria but we weren't ready to buy at that time.

jmoney74 said:
junodragon said:
Hi,

The SFR $1M price point ship has sailed for now.  That range will only get you a detached condo if you don't mind the label.

Exactly the train left the station or the ship left the port.

Oh yeah.. forgot about PS.  USC Trojan (Martin) does have an upcoming PS listing under 1M i think.. MRs are about 3K though. 

Yup, I'll be listing a Las Ventanas Plan 2 SFR home built in 2012 with a fully driveway for $950k (2,119sf 4 bedroom with 3 full baths...one of each downstairs) on Sunday night.  PM or email me if you want to schedule a time to go see it. 

Edit - I attached the floor plan for everyone to see.

Attachments

• Las Ventanas Floor Plan 2.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 151
junodragon said:
I don't think the price point has sailed. I'm also mainly looking for no Mello Roos, so mainly older houses, not new development. It seems like the market was much hotter in the summer. Alot of houses in College Park, Northwood, Greentree fit our criteria but we weren't ready to buy at that time.

I assume you've already seen these? Here is a few listings in the older neighborhood with No MR & No HOA.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/32-Grant-92620/home/4779295

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/4381-Manzanita-St-92604/home/4672338
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/13801-Stampede-Cir-92620/home/5754457

irvinehomeowner said:
I haven't Redfin'd in a while but aren't there quite a few $1m resale SFRs available?

There are, but the good ones are picked up quick.  The ones that linger are closer to the freeway, major streets, or train tracks, it would deter me from buying.  Those SFRs right next to the train tracks in El Camino do sell eventually at a significant discount, just have to find the right buyer at the right price. 

Another issue is a lot of the older homes have dated floor plans even if they are updated with new appliances, granite, etc.

junodragon said:
Hi,

We found quite a few resale houses that match these parameters. If you have your financing in order, you should be fine. Unless, of course, you have other criteria in mind that you didn't include in this post.

I thought this transaction from last month was a great value, maybe you can find something like it.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Halifax-Pl-92602/home/4792939

HMart said:
junodragon said:
Hi,

We found quite a few resale houses that match these parameters. If you have your financing in order, you should be fine. Unless, of course, you have other criteria in mind that you didn't include in this post.

I thought this transaction from last month was a great value, maybe you can find something like it.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Halifax-Pl-92602/home/4792939

Halifax had a horrible location right next to the busy street across from Myford.  It also needed a bump of upgrading as the home looked pretty beat up...hence the low closing price.

USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:
junodragon said:
Hi,

Halifax had a horrible location right next to the busy street across from Myford.  It also needed a bump of upgrading as the home looked pretty beat up...hence the low closing price.

Thanks for the insight. I thought it was a good deal while still considering these drawbacks, but I can see how these would be dealbreakers for others.

akkord said:
Those SFRs right next to the train tracks in El Camino do sell eventually at a significant discount, just have to find the right buyer at the right price. 

Not to mention one of them was the scene of a murder. That must have been a heck of a disclosure.

HMart said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:
junodragon said:
Hi,

Thanks for the insight. I thought it was a good deal while still considering these drawbacks, but I can see how these would be dealbreakers for others.

akkord said:
Those SFRs right next to the train tracks in El Camino do sell eventually at a significant discount, just have to find the right buyer at the right price. 

Not to mention one of them was the scene of a murder. That must have been a heck of a disclosure.

Yeah, I had 2 buyers that I showed Halifax to who passed on it even though I told them they could get it in the low $800s.  Btw, the buyer was the listing agent and the sales price was reduced by the buyer agent commission so the price looks lower than it really should have been.

Yes, I know all the houses mentioned. Thanks for everyone's support! I was interested in 2 Halifax, but didn't get around to seeing it. Just like week, Blackfin, Fort Sumter, and Magnolia were all listed and now they are all pending already. It seems like the market now is hotter than it was in the summer in my price range? Just an observation....

USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:
junodragon said:
Hi,

akkord said:

Yeah, I had 2 buyers that I showed Halifax to who passed on it even though I told them they could get it in the low $800s.  Btw, the buyer was the listing agent and the sales price was reduced by the buyer agent commission so the price looks lower than it really should have been.

Back