Spooktacular Event at Great Park

Irvinity

What a fun event for kids! We have been there yesterday and kids loved playing the carnival games, treat town and picking pumpkins. It was a hot day yesterday and I believe its supposed to get more hot today.

I liked the plenty of parking available at the event location and the event was well organized with many volunteers around, but thought it could improve on a couple of things. Definitely need more water stations or at least refill the ones that ran out of water. They were empty by 2pm or so. More trash cans at several locations will also help. Irvine global village festival had both of these, more food vendors, but parking at that event was not so much fun.

Overall, a very nice event for kids, and great job supporting the local food banks.

One huge negative was that they ran out of pumpkins pretty early.  If there are only X amount of wrist bands with the pumpkin ticket, I'm not sure how it's possible to run out of pumpkins so fast.    They had half the field blocked off with all the pumpkins for today's ticket holders which made things even worse. 

I think that the event was blah. Maybe we'll just stop going to this event. Another negative was the kiddos wanted to leave early from the event. These kids are between 5-8 years old. The heat didn't help.

Back