5 burglars caught in Irvine

Good work Irvine PD. I would not hesitate to call and report even if I remotely think that some suspicious individuals poking around my neck of the wood. Chances are your gut feeling is almost always right.

The unmanned security gates at these NWP homes made little difference to these band of thieves.

Now that security cameras are so cheap and big SD cards are cheap, I don't think it's too hard for HOA to put up cameras @ the entrance to their neighborhoods.
I would compel my fellow neighbors to kick in an extra $50 bucks so we could put cameras at all the entrances into the HOA community.

The cameras would have recycling memory like dash cams.

In fact this could be a good business for an enterprising individual...offer camera installation, maintenance and sell it to HOA's across southern california.

Who needs a gate when everyone coming and going is recorded and kept for 4 days on an SD chip?  Possibly longer if you make the resolution shittier.

iacrenter said:
The unmanned security gates at these NWP homes made little difference to these band of thieves.

Yup. Gates don't prevent crime. But it kind of sounds good. (I live in a gated community. Lol)

Looking at the mug shot. I think you need more than one gun to fight back if they come knocking at your door. (idk)

Gates stop 90% of solicitors....so there's that.  Plus you get much less trash on your front door.

Even guarded gates, does not prevent unwanted. All they have to do is say I am going in to look at an open house listing. Wa-la your in. The only way to deterrent crime in your neighborhood is really get to know your neighbors and if someone seem out of place, then they don?t belong there. These five fools sure stick out like a sore thumbs in Irvine, much less in my neighborhood.

Compressed-Village said:
Even guarded gates, does not prevent unwanted. All they have to do is say I am going in to look at an open house listing. Wa-la your in. The only way to deterrent crime in your neighborhood is really get to know your neighbors and if someone seem out of place, then they don?t belong there. These five fools sure stick out like a sore thumbs in Irvine, much less in my neighborhood.

at least the guard could see the gal with tats on her neck.. He might raise some flags then if he is observant. 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6zsxsC6iZw[/youtube]

If it's guard gated, the guard records their id and license plate numbers and they have to sit and wait at the gate with the guard eyeing them so I would think guard gated helps reduce crime.

The area these guys were in is not gated.

Back