Suspicious Neighbors - What can I do?

DBtoOC

Is there any way I can get police to check out a house in the neighbors, even if I don't have any solid evidence that something illegal (i.e. significant drug trafficking) is going on behind closed doors?

The house is a few doors down the street from me.  I've consistently seen random guys (shady looking) approach the house for 15 minutes and leave.  About 6-8 different people everyday....each for about 10-15 minutes. 

The residents are renters, there are 4 guys, and I've spoken to one of them.  He is friendly and doesn't bring about any red flags in speaking with him, but just doesn't seem like a quiet Irvine neighborhood would be his type.

Something illegal is going down behind closed doors, but I don't know what.  I wish someone could check it out. 

Call the police (non emergency number) and inform them what is happening and your thoughts. Doesn't homeland security tell people to keep their eyes open and recommend reporting suspicious behavior (i.e., it better to be safe and report) and leave it up to the investigators to do their diligence). My guess is the police will do some diligence and monitor the area / unit and depending on what they see they will/will not escalate. 

eyephone said:
Is this a real story?

Yes, it is real.  I don't want to upset my neighbors, so I'm being discreet with my details.  I will contemplate giving IPD a call.

DBtoOC said:
eyephone said:
Is this a real story?

Yes, it is real.  I don't want to upset my neighbors, so I'm being discreet with my details.  I will contemplate giving IPD a call.

The reason why I asked if this is a real story. Because you should of called the cops by now.
I don't think it's a good idea questioning the people that live there. You should just lay Low and call the Five-O. (Police)

DBtoOC said:
Loco_local said:
Are there any red towels around?

What does this mean?  I'm not familiar with the reference. 

459625h.jpg

Back