2017-2018 Property Tax Bills are out!

aquabliss

It's the most wonderful time of the year... Especially for those of us that don't compound our tax payment into our mortgage, and have increasing MR.

For those of you that can't wait for your bill to be mailed next week, go here:http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_page.asp
And search your address. 

Great Park MR have increased exactly 1.999923362349203%, just as expected.

Remind me why does the GP MR go up 2% every year where other Irvine Villages are locked in? Is that the tax increase I have to pay for not buying into a Donald Bren approved Village?

Appreciate the heads up Aquabliss!

Can anyone help me understand why the "Tax on Land Only, Irvine Ranch Water Dist" rate went from 0.02800% in 2016-2017 to 0.06900% in 2017-2018?  Did that happen to other people too?  Located in the non gated plebeian area of Orchard Hills (bless you BTB) if that helps.

Only another 38 years until my mello roos is paid off!  Should I be grateful it didn't increase vs prior year?  Okay, thank you so much benevolent gov't and builders, please keep packing the in the profits *cough* back room deals *cough* I mean, happy re-imagined resort style homes!

Also, rickr, I believe the GP MR goes up 2% every year because
1) that's the most they can raise it each year
2) to support the ongoing and rising costs related to maintaining the park

someguy said:

Can anyone help me understand why the "Tax on Land Only, Irvine Ranch Water Dist" rate went from 0.02800% in 2016-2017 to 0.06900% in 2017-2018?  Did that happen to other people too?  Located in the non gated plebeian area of Orchard Hills (bless you BTB) if that helps.

Only another 38 years until my mello roos is paid off!  Should I be grateful it didn't increase vs prior year?  Okay, thank you so much benevolent gov't and builders, please keep packing the in the profits *cough* back room deals *cough* I mean, happy re-imagined resort style homes!

my understanding was the GP residents get 'free' access to things not available to other irvinites...is that correct?

aquabliss said:
It's the most wonderful time of the year... Especially for those of us that don't compound our tax payment into our mortgage, and have increasing MR.

For those of you that can't wait for your bill to be mailed next week, go here:http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_page.asp
And search your address. 

Great Park MR have increased exactly 1.999923362349203%, just as expected.

I did an addition earlier this year to the house. An improvement which increase the total square footage of the home. I wonder when I will be getting a supplemental tax bill?

I called IRWD.  Here is what they told me, dont' ask me to explain it

The District policy is to fund capital facilities equally through connection fees (the developer) and property taxes (the property owner).  Your community is in ID 153 for water and 253 for sewer with the underlying ID's 125/225.  Facilities are identified as local or regional and allocated to each ID and generally funded through general obligation bonds.  This past year bonds were issued for ID 153/253 totalling $19.5M.  The increase in tax is for this bonds

rickr said:
Remind me why does the GP MR go up 2% every year where other Irvine Villages are locked in? Is that the tax increase I have to pay for not buying into a Donald Bren approved Village?

I live in Groves,  My school district MR also went up by 2%

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
someguy said:

my understanding was the GP residents get 'free' access to things not available to other irvinites...is that correct?

Used to be at all the Friday night happenings they gave GP residents $10 vouchers to use at the food trucks, but that stopped shortly after Beacon Park move ins.

We should at least get free carousel and orange balloon rides!

rickr said:
Do we also get the privelege of having the neighborhood landscaping worked on once a year?

Hey don't reveal all the secrets or nobody will buy our homes later...

There are a lot of happy people in Foothill Ranch right now. Mello Roos has officially expired & dropped off the property tax bill.

aquabliss said:
rickr said:
Do we also get the privelege of having the neighborhood landscaping worked on once a year?

Hey don't reveal all the secrets or nobody will buy our homes later...

Well, they just did the work so PP will show well right now.

readytobuy said:
when does woodbury mello roos drop off? pretty soon?

Depends which WB tract and which MR the home had.

One of common MR is the R2 (CFD 86-1) which will expires as early as 9/1/2020.

Many newer TIC's village like CV, Stonegate, EW also have this CFD 86-1 which is around $625/year.  And all these village "might" see a $600 reduction in the tax bill after 2020.

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11860.0.html

Can melloroos increase by 23% over 3 years? 
I am adding up everything but the "Basic Levy Tax"

We started at $4,700 Then next year, it increased to $5,400 (16% increase) and this year it increased to $5,800 (7% increase)
From $4,700 to $5,800, that is a 23% increase in 3 years.  Is that normal?

lovingit said:
Can melloroos increase by 23% over 3 years? 
I am adding up everything but the "Basic Levy Tax"

We started at $4,700 Then next year, it increased to $5,400 (16% increase) and this year it increased to $5,800 (7% increase)
From $4,700 to $5,800, that is a 23% increase in 3 years.  Is that normal?

If you are in a new community the first couple of years you don't get the full MR tax for whatever reason (they don't issue all the bonds at the same time or things takes time to trickle in) .  Once the proper MR has been billed it cannot go up more than 2%/year.  That is my understanding but since everything seems to be so confusing who knows.

Didn't measure E pass in June?  As such there's a net new CFD entry showing up on top of the prior ones

Check each year and verify the line entries.

Back