Hurricane Irma

panda

My prayers goes out to all those effected in Florida and the Keys. This one was definitely a big one. I think that North Atlanta will be just fine due to a higher elevation of the Georgia mountains. It is going to be raining here all night with mild winds. The traffic was unbelievable here in Atlanta and all the hotels were booked as all of the Floridians came up to Atlanta to escape this level 5 hurricane.

zPvtlf2.jpg

Panda said:
The traffic was unbelievable here in Atlanta

So in other words, it was a Monday?  :D

Seriously though, I'm glad GA is doing ok, and it looks like Florida could have been much worse than it was.

I was reading the bible this morning which led me to this passage from Psalms 49:10-14.

The interpretation of the passage is this: The rich and poor have one similarity - when they die, they leave all they own here on earth. At the moment of death (and all of us here will face that moment), both rich and poor are naked and empty handed before God. The only riches we have at that time are those we have already invested in our eternal heritage. At the time of death, each of us will wish we had invested less on earth, where we must leave it, and more in heaven, where we will retain it forever. To have treasure in heaven, we must place our faith in God, pledge ourselves to obey him, and utilize our resources for the good of his kingdom. This is a good time to check up on your investments and see where you have invested the most. Then do whatever it takes to place your investments where they really count.

It absolutely amazes me of how two major natural disasters in Houston and then in Florida literally can take place two weeks to one another.

Back